Contribute
Register

GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 _ ATI 5770/Sound/Network Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
seim said:
Chimera is the default bootloader of Multibeast

I beg to differ. I believe Chameleon is the default bootloader. Chimera is Tony & MacMan's branch of Chameleon that may have implemented features that have yet to be brought into the main trunk.

Hey everyone

I haven't posted much (only once before) and I've held off for a bit since this forum is filled with information about everything!

Anyway I've run into a stand still. I feel this has been answered before, but there is so many different combinations that I've tried to get to where I am at now. Ok here we go.

Specs: (Sandy bridge #2 with a different Graphics card)
GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 (F6 BIOS)
Intel 2400 - 3.1GHz Quad-Core i5
Gigabyte (GV-R667OC-1GI) AMD Radeon HD 6670 Chipset (820MHz) 1GB (1800MHz) GDDR3
Corsair XMS3 Classic 4GB DDR3 1333MHz
Barricuda 1TB HDD

This is where I am at.

1. iBoot to load up 10.6.3 Retail
2. Start install, partition, finish install and restart (however the last time I did this, the computer ended up not completing the full install and restarting on it's own, but when booted up, the OS works fine. The last 3 times I've installed the OS it's done a full complete install and asked to restart)
3. Load up multibeast 3.9 with easybeast settings (only easybeast) and install updatehelper so I can avoid the Kernal Panic's when installing 10.6.8. I've tried using UserDSDT with the file from tonymac86's database for my motherboard (f6 bios) but had kernal panic's when i restarted the computer to install 10.6.8. So I went back to step one and used easybeast instead.
4. After updatehelper, restart and iboot->HDD
5. Install 10.6.8 and restart
6.boot from HDD and everything works (minus audio and network since I haven't tried those yet)
Here is the problem. I've done a few different variants of this and I want to avoid having to do a 3rd install from scratch (8 installs total so far...)

I want to switch over to userDSDT so the first time I tried this, I ended up leaving the easybeast files on the HDD and installing userDSDT with the system fix. Restart, computer loads but goes to a blank grey screen after the apple loading screen. I didn't know what to do, so I did a fresh install.

I ended up doing all my steps again and this time I deleted the extra's folder after installing easybeast so that I could use the userDSDT settings. I installed the userDSDT(renamed the file on the desktop "DSDT") and checked "IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector" as per netcastle's recommendation. I restarted and everything loads but after the apple loading screen, it jumps to the Grey screen. Waited a bit to see if anything would happen and I turned off the computer, set the first load to CDROM again in the BIOS and entered -v in the iBoot screen and nothing got stuck during this setting and went to to loading up fine but jumping to the grey screen afterwards. I then tried -x at iBoot and it loaded up fine, but went to the grey screen except I could move the mouse around this time.

So after getting fed up, I did a fresh install and currently am back before step 3. I am figuring out my next move (installing multibeast with userDSDT settings and figuring out what easybeast installed and check all those options OR installing easybeast, and then trying updatehelper, restart, updating OS to 10.6.8 and then deleting extra's folder and installing userDSDT with similar settings to easybeast...) Could anyone point me in the right direction about this? This is all extremely new to me, so I'm grinding out all the possible options. Let me know if I need to provide anymore information!

I'm confused as to what you have actually done here, because your process seems so non-linear. Are you starting over?

Check your bios to make sure it is set to AHCI. Set your multiplier to 33x.

Now, start from scratch:

Load iboot and then when the disk icon appears take iboot out and put in the SL disk. Press and hold F5 until the SL install disk appears as an icon.

Start your install, but first use the disk util app to re-partition your drive. Finish your install. Shutdown.

Boot with iboot again and when you see your install icon next to the iboot icon, select it and press enter (with control -v if you want diagnostics).

When you enter into your install for the first time, install bridgehelper and then install 10.6.8. Once the update has finished, run Multibeast and select userDSDT, place tonymac's DSDT on the desktop and run multibeast. Check your com.apple.boot.plist file the E/E folder to make sure that it includes the boot flag -v. Now, you can reboot without iboot. If you get stuck again, the verbose boot (caused by the -v boot flag) will tell us where you are getting hung up.

Yeah I've done all of that minus going straight to userDSDT. I had to follow this (http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html) since I was getting kernal panics during the install of 10.6.8. So to avoid those panics, I installed easybeast and then updatehelper (I haven't used bridgehelper before... are you referring to updatehelper when you say bridgehelper? If not, I'll have to look into it.) and then did the reboot and installed 10.6.8.

Everything looked great until I wanted to use userDSDT in which nothing worked after switching over. I guess what I am asking is what are the settings I need to check in Multibeast to get userDSDT in order with this motherboard. I've seen seim's pic (download/file.php?id=11642&mode=view) which seems like a bit much for the first use of multibeast (im guessing I shouldn't check audio/network just yet?) and yours netcastle, but when I used yours to switch over to userDSDT, my monitor when grey after the apple load.

However. I have not tried the method you just suggested and I will make it my next go. I do realize we have different BIOS set (mines at f6) but I really hope that does not play into this situation. Let me know your userDSDT method for the first use of Multibeast and I will let you know the result!

I really appreciate you getting back to me about this! Thank you netcastle!

Everything fixed now. Will post later for future ref!

I appreciated it! I really do. I just had to let you know it didn't work.

demarco said:
I appreciated it! I really do. I just had to let you know it didn't work.

Why? It's far more helpful to readers in the future if you post specifically what you did that worked. Simply saying something doesn't work is not helpful and slightly rude. What part of it didn't work. How did you get it running. I have set up and re-set up this board a dozen times at least and it seems to work for me.

Deamrco,
Since I am facing the same issue of grey screen after all the steps, need to know what specifically you did during the re-install to fix this? I did exactly the following (3 times no luck).
1. Updated the latest F6 bios
2. Configured the BIOS
3. Booted from iBoot
4. Installed 10.6.3 from DVD
5. Ran the updater and restarted
6. Installed 10.6.8 combo update
7. Installed Multibeast
8. Changed to boot from HDD
9. Grey screen after apple logo for few min.

Hi Osx86 guys! Im new on the forum and I would love to learn hackintosh.

I have already tried this on my 3 old computers but with no succes :( First I didn't want to try it on my main machine, but then i found this topic. I have the same processor so now I would like to try this. Can anyone tell me where to start?

Moeps2

I have no sound :D

I saw what you have been writing, but nothing helped. Can anyone save me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back