Contribute
Register

GA-H55N-USB3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent amount of tips in here folks, I just picked up this little board and plan on dropping a core i3/540 with a 9400gt (need dual monitors).
Are people starting with the nvidia iboot, the bare one or the supported one?

Onetrack said:
Excellent amount of tips in here folks, I just picked up this little board and plan on dropping a core i3/540 with a 9400gt (need dual monitors).
Are people starting with the nvidia iboot, the bare one or the supported one?

Well its built, running and installed - but I have no idea just what is supposed to be in the extra folder for this board. I can boot off the cd without too many issues, most stuff is cosmetic, but spent a couple hours last night fiddling with a boot key and various options from multiboot. Any pointers from those who have it running?

I can boot to the desktop, proper resolution, sound appears to be working with voodoo 2.56.2, the custom realtek is not working, and Im assuming that is because I'm running in 32bit mode (its a 64 bit driver)

Still playing, but if someone could list the contents of their extra I'd appreciate it - I am running a 9400GT with dual dvi in it btw.

Here's what I recommend, and originally had on mine. DSDT from Database, UserDSDT + VoodooHDA 2.56 + JMicron36xSATA. Optionally 64bit com.apple.boot.plist and MacPro smbios.plist. Simple as that. ;)

I've since changed my DSDT graphics around to get HDMI audio through AppleHDA, but it's only for the GT 240.

Hope this helps. :thumbup:

Thanks for the pointers Tony - are you not using nullcpu ? I followed what you'd written in the previous post, booting from the hd shows me the chameleon bootloader with your theme, selecting the snow leopard boot disk results in an immediate reboot.

I can boot from iBoot Supported, which takes me right to the desktop. Anything I might be overlooking?

Bios is setup with 64bit s3, ahci, etc.

I have also tried installing RC5-R611 Chameleon, same effect.. see the bootloader, immediate reboot.

tonymacx86 said:
Wonder if you updated to 10.6.4? Make sure you do that first.

Guess who forgot to update to 10.6.4 :D

this guy !

ha..
sheesh :rolleyes:

Booting nicely now, thanks !

Onetrack said:
tonymacx86 said:
Wonder if you updated to 10.6.4? Make sure you do that first.

Guess who forgot to update to 10.6.4 :D

this guy !

ha..
sheesh :rolleyes:

Booting nicely now, thanks !

:thumbup: :thumbup:

OK so I did a bit of tweaking and cleaned up a lot of little cosmetic things. The video card is properly being shown, smbios and com.apple.boot.plist have changed a bit too.

PM me if anyone would like a copy of my extra folder, there is a lot in there that isn't really needed anymore, actually, the only kext needed in the folder is fakesmc.kext (and the jmicronxsata one if you don't want your drives showing as externals)
Code:
Hardware Overview:

Model Name:	iMac
  Model Identifier:	iMac11,2
  Processor Name:	Dual-Core Intel Xeon
  Processor Speed:	3.07 GHz
  Number Of Processors:	1
  Total Number Of Cores:	2
  L2 Cache (per core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	4 MB
  Memory:	2 GB
  Bus Speed:	100 MHz
  Boot ROM Version:	1.0
  SMC Version (system):	1.30f3
  Serial Number (system):	W87234JHYA4
  Hardware UUID:	970BCCCC-1227-57A6-8E9B-FCA338F3C2C2

And video is being properly reported now:
Code:
GeForce 9400 GT:

Chipset Model:	GeForce 9400 GT
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  Slot:	Slot-1
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	1024 MB
  Vendor:	NVIDIA (0x10de)
  Device ID:	0x0641
  Revision ID:	0x00a1
  ROM Revision:	xx.xx.xx - internal
  Displays:
Display Connector:
DELL 1704FPT:
  Resolution:	1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz
  Pixel Depth:	32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Rotation:	Supported

Plus, sleep/wake is fully working etc.

Cheers to Tony and crew. this is a great little board :D

In addition, there are 3 kexts required by this board to be installed.
NullCPUManagement - without it the cpu fan goes 100% speed.. its not necessary to run with it, but it keeps the fan from being mental.
Voodoohda 2.56.2 - already known, all ports working, really great having working front headphone jacks :D
The experimental Realtek 81xx - makes the GigE work ;)
:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back