Contribute
Register

GA-H170N-WIFI OpenCore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your entire Booter section is missing!
You were right, and I have no idea how that happened since it along with everything else was copied from the sample.plist. Nevertheless, OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker was correct, even though there is no 0.6.4 version of that app yet.

However, in PlistEditPro, I manually added back in all the Booter files and saved the config.plist. They are now there, but OCSanity Checker still says the Booter section is missing!!!!!! I did delete the Tools section as instructed, and the Sanity Checker now shows that, which is true. Please verify for me that the config.plist in my attached EFI folder does show the Booter section is in fact present.

Attempting to boot still results in the screenshot attached, same as before. I am also seeing a brief rollup during boot prior to this picture. The rollup contains a lot of statements about "failure to parse..." which I can't read because it zips by so fast and disappears. This has always been there... from the beginning.

2020-12-10 OC Failure.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
You were right, and I have no idea how that happened since it along with everything else was copied from the sample.plist. Nevertheless, OpenCore config.plist Sanity Checker was correct, even though there is no 0.6.4 version of that app yet.

However, in PlistEditPro, I manually added back in all the Booter files and saved the config.plist. They are now there, but OCSanity Checker still says the Booter section is missing!!!!!! I did delete the Tools section as instructed, and the Sanity Checker now shows that, which is true. Please verify for me that the config.plist in my attached EFI folder does show the Booter section is in fact present.

Attempting to boot still results in the screenshot attached, same as before.

View attachment 500625
start again with fresh config.plist

Attempting to boot still results in the screenshot attached, same as before. I am also seeing a brief rollup during boot prior to this picture. The rollup contains a lot of statements about "failure to parse..." which I can't read because it zips by so fast and disappears. This has always been there... from the beginning.

View attachment 500625
Your Booter is inside ACPI. Misc lacks Tools. This is a problematic config.plist.

Your Booter is inside ACPI. Misc lacks Tools. This is a problematic config.plist.
Yeah, right, sorry. Booter is inside ACPI in config.plist. I've been working on this for many hours over many days and I get confused when reporting stuff. BUT THE BOOTER contents ARE THERE NOW. And OC Sanity Checker says they are NOT. And as I wrote above, I deleted "Tools" because I was so instructed. No doubt something is wrong, but I don't know what it is (or what they are). "Tools" in, "Tools" out makes no difference in the screenshots. "Booter" in, "Booter" out, makes no difference to OC Sanity Checker!

And if I remove the USB flash drive (that contains the OC 0.6.4 EFI partition) from the computer, carried-over NVRAM info apparently still makes the computer keep booting verbosely. I have to type "sudo nvram -c" into Terminal to make the Skylake computer (now theoretically booted by Clover v R5119) boot non-verbosely. Lotsa fun, going in circles.

"start again with fresh config.plist"

Yeah, that's getting really old. Did that with OC 0.6.3, gave up and tried OC 0.6.4, now do it again? Change all the "string" parameters in the config.plist answered "YES" and "NO" to Boolean because they are Boolean?

Last edited:
Going through the config.plist in PlistEditPro I found some parameters which were incorrectly identified as "String" and "corrected" them. Tried once more to boot... this time a text file did show up on the USB's EFI partition. It is attached below along with the "latest" EFI folder. If anyone can make any sense of the text file I would appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks for your support!

[Edit: Added USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml to set up USB port configuration. Updated the attached EFI folder and OpenCore text report on last boot. Still no joy.]

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • opencore-2020-12-11-020106.txt.zip
    13.4 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Going through the config.plist in PlistEditPro I found some parameters which were incorrectly identified as "String" and "corrected" them. Tried once more to boot... this time a text file did show up on the USB's EFI partition. It is attached below along with the "latest" EFI folder. If anyone can make any sense of the text file I would appreciate hearing about it.
Thanks for your support!

[Edit: Added USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml to set up USB port configuration. Updated the attached EFI folder and OpenCore text report on last boot. Still no joy.]
I still don’t understand why Booter is inside ACPI. It violates the structure of OpenCore.

Finally got the Skylake computer to boot on OpenCore. I used the "release" copy instead of the "debug" copy of version 0.6.4. Made new config.plist etc. Now I'd like to do the "Beauty Treatment" (GUI) but I can't find a Resources folder, other than empty. I have OpenCanopy.efi, but it's of no use without the contents of "Resources." Where can I get that? There are no releases shown in that area of the Github assets for OpenCore.

Another issue: no Trim support for the SSDs in this computer. Clover supplied that, OpenCore does not (as far as I can see). Any advice? "sudo trim force enable" in Terminal does not result in a "yes" response in System Report. Still "no" after the Terminal command is run.

Last edited:
Click the green code button in the OcBinaryResources and download the zip.
Don't know to much about trim, sorry.

Thanks, got the Resources folder, have applied the "OpenCore Beauty Treatment" and now have icons instead of text. (Too many icons, actually.)

How does one stop the blank text files from appearing in the EFI partition after every boot? And why during booting do I briefly see "no Schema..." blah, blah" on the screen before the OpenCore icons show up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back