Graphics
HD530
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings all,

I saw the videos done on Snazzy Labs :

Which referenced the build done by ammulder (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/) and decided it was exactly what I wanted. Dual IPS displays, small efficient box, no discrete graphics necessary.

The video looked like just what I wanted, the tutorial by ammulder looked AWESOME, so went ahead and bought the parts on the build list, followed the instructions and set the system up. Very excited because it all went VERY well. I actually used the Samsung NVMe M.2 drive, so its wicked fast. Problems I have not yet figured out (and hope someone can comment) :

1. When the system is told to sleep, or if it goes to sleep on its own. It appears to suspend for a few seconds, then a few lights kick back on, and it sits there. No matter what buttons you click/touch you cannot get video back. In the build referenced above, it mentions sleep/wake works. I seem to be having issues with it properly sleeping (some of the lights/fans come back on?), and I cannot get video back to save my life. The last time it slept, I came back, found it was running pretty hot, guessing it was related to not really sleeping, but maybe the fans were slowed down. Im not sure.

Some say modifying darkwake=? might help.

2. Dual displays. Snazzy Labs mentions he can use dual 4k displays. The build above seems to mention dual displays only not working if 4k. I have just have dual 1080p displays, but no matter what I seem to do, I cannot get video on 2 displays. In fact, if I have both hooked up during boot, one goes dark during boot, then the other just plain wigs out (unusable) when you get to the login screen. If I leave the 2nd display unplugged during boot, its fine. When I plug it in (after boot), it remains no signal.

Initially I used Multibeast to apply HD530. Didnt work in my case. I removed the HD530 entries in config.plist, removed inject intel and ig-platform-id (and some different interations of the same), and have not seen any change.

Both monitors have HDMI or VGA (I understand VGA is not an option). Ive tried 1 HDMI and 1 DVI (alternate monitor) - same results. Where do I begin to figure this out? Ultimately I would like to use both HDMI available on the motherboard. If I hve to, I can get a DVI-HDMI adapter and go that route. Advice please..

3. I was having trouble with shutting down, it wanted to turn back on. Similar to when it sleeps. But I seem to have solved that by checking 'fix shutdown' under ACPI on CloverConfigurator. sleep still partially wakes up after sleeping a few seconds. Shutdown appears to be good, mentioning it though in case there is a better way to address of if its related to any of the above.

Sorry for the verbosity, I am just trying to be clear - and hope someone out there might be able to help get to the bottom of what should work (according to the links above referenced).

Thanks!

Last edited:
Update to my original post.

1. Problem with sleep still persists.

2. Dual display. Ive presently got both monitors working (on HDMI). The only caveat is it seems I can only get it to work if I hotplug after it is fully booted. If I plug in before powering on or during boot, it wont work right. Still need to work on that part.

For anyone out there that is stuck on this too, the part that pushed me over the edge on finding the dual display issue, it was post 148 here that resolved the second display for me (though the bootup still needs work!) :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/page-15

3. Shutdown seems fine still.

Update to my original post.

1. Problem with sleep still persists.

2. Dual display. Ive presently got both monitors working (on HDMI). The only caveat is it seems I can only get it to work if I hotplug after it is fully booted. If I plug in before powering on or during boot, it wont work right. Still need to work on that part.

For anyone out there that is stuck on this too, the part that pushed me over the edge on finding the dual display issue, it was post 148 here that resolved the second display for me (though the bootup still needs work!) :

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...graphics-working-as-of-10-11-4.188891/page-15

3. Shutdown seems fine still.

Sleep problems can be caused by Powermanagement or USB problems. Verify that X86PlatofrmPlugin & AppleLPC is loaded in ioreg. Note Intel HD 530 Graphics has problems with sleep. [Guide] How to Make a Copy of IOReg | tonymacx86.com

An update of sorts, this one ammulder (and others) may find of use. I followed this tutorial (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-el-capitan-on-the-skylake-h170n-wifi.178197/) to setup my new small rig on El Capitan. But one problem that was noted in his tut was that playing DRM content, iTunes etc did not work.

I was doing some digging trying to resolve my other problems when I ran across this :

https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/03/24/os-x-10-11-4-wants-imei-not-heci/

So it seems when you have a Skylake processor (which the tut does as do I), you have the afore-mentioned DRM issue. But if you open up clover (and I imagine it could be integrated into a SDST or DSDT but Ive no idea how) and under Acpi > DSDT > Patches, apply :

"Rename HECI to IMEI", 48454349, 494D4549

Thats each of the three columns. I wasn't sure how else to type it out. Anyway, I verified it works, io registry shows the name change. One more thing ironed out.

Still have the issues with sleep and booting with dual monitors attached. On the sleep issue, I thought I might just disable sleep, and use Axonics Labs Deep Sleep utility (which I use on my MBP all the time). But even that for some odd reason does not work. I would have expected hibernation to work as its simply saving the content of ram to persistent storage, then powering off. But it doesn't. Sighs.

Hope someone can chime in on the sleep (or hibernate) and boot with dual screens attached. Ive adapted a 1U shelf (with vents) and mounted it under my desk. I plan to put this little computer on that shelf, out of sight, out of mind. Can't do that until I get the boot issue worked out.

Thanks all

VioletDragon,

I did just verify what your asking. X86PlatformPlugin is there, but AppleLPC is not. Im now searching the forums to try and see how I am to patch that. Ive got a GA-H170N-WIFI board.

Im really swimming here, attached is my ioreg file. Please feel free to check it over and see if anything stands out.

Any help on any of this is most appreciated.

Thanks,

[EDIT] PS. For kicks and giggles I did try clover's Fake LPC. It just KP'd after that. I had to uncheck that option.

Attachments

• ioreg.ioreg
    2.8 MB · Views: 193
Last edited:
@ledoktre im also having sleep problems, I have the Z170N motherboard so pretty close to yours. My issue is a bit different, it goes to sleep but when i try to wake it up, the monitor doesn't receive the video signal. But, I am using a RX 480 graphics card so that could be part of the problem, however I also tried it with the integrated graphics and still no fix.

Are you using the Intel HD 530 integrated GPU or a dedicated card? If the Intel HD 530, have you been able to get 4K through HDMI to work?

i have some problems when i turn off my hackintosh

My build
Gigabyte H170n Wifi
i7 6700
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB(2X8) 2133
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA)
Intel HD 530 graphics
Internal Intel M.2 wifi (i think to replace in the future) not working

i install macOS Sierra 10.12, later i upgrade to 10.12.1

1- i have no sound, i try many ways to make it works but no lucky
2- when i turn off my hackintosh the computer looks that its off, but (i have a usb wireless keyboard and mouse combo) the usb receiver looks that have energy and if i move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard the computer automatically turn on back again so i dont know if theres a option in the UEFI/BIOS that i need to disable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back