Contribute
Register

GA-EP45-UD-3P SL 10.6.8 sleep failure - bootloader question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the 2TB drive was formatted with OS X Disk Utility, and formatted GUID then you could have just created a small partition on the end of the drive to test OS X.

MultiBeast selections would be UserDSDT, System Utilities, audio and networking kexts if you want it fully working.

Reformatting was necessary. I had an external WD My Book that did not consistently mount. If I changed the enclosure or installed it internally, it was not recognized (Initialize prompt). Now I have a usable drive.

Options selected for Multibeast are ALC885/889a audio, Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx (to possibly support the onboard 8111C). It looks like the IONetworkingFamily.kext provides RTL8169 support already for the Trendnet TEG-PCITXR card I am using.

I have my fingers crossed!

You basically have the "LifeHacker" build - same as I have, same board and GPU, but I have the Q9400 CPU instead. Not sure why you are having this problem - if you have some time to experiment, Install the earliest version OS X you have from DVD and get the system running and booting from HDD with the DSDT in /Extra by selecting UserDSDT in MultiBeast and having the DSDT on the desktop.
Reboot after MultiBeast and log in. Let it sit and see if it sleeps. I will maybe have time to set mine up again this weekend and do some checking for what works.

OK, I have confirmed my memory of sleep problem on this setup - manual sleep/wake works using the Apple->sleep.

The Samsung DVD-RW prevents automatic sleep. However, if you put a blank disc in the drive and tell OS X to ignore it, auto sleep works. Screen goes dark and no signal notice appears, fans are still going - takes 3-5 minutes for the CPU fan, GPU fan and case fans to stop also. A roll of the mouse wakes it up almost instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back