Contribute
Register

GA-B75M-D3P won't post with RX 580 installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a similar experience (system not posting) when I installed a nVidia graphics card in my B75M-D3P a while back. What got me going was to have (in BIOS) "Init Display First" and "Internal Graphics" both set as AUTO.

Thanks for your response. In my case I don’t think I can get those two settings to anything BUT auto.

What BiOS version are you using?

Thanks for your response. In my case I don’t think I can get those two settings to anything BUT auto.

What BiOS version are you using?

F7 BIOS (Which I believe is the latest)
I'm on High Sierra still using HFS and could give you my Clover folder, but that would be a downgrade from Mojave.

Last edited:
F7 BIOS (Which I believe is the latest)
I'm on High Sierra still using HFS and could give you my Clover folder, but that would be a downgrade from Mojave.

Hey, so i've been trying to flash my motherboard. I'm on F3 and want to rule out an updated BIOS making a difference or not.

I just can't seem to update it. I created a FAT32 flash drive, copied the F7 BIOS from the GA-B75M-D3P downloads page over to the flash, and restarted and tried entering Q-Flash using the <end> key, which did not work, then tried F8 from the BIOS, which also did not work.

How did you update your BIOS, or did you not have to? Does your BIOS look like mine does? I included an image of it earlier in the thread.

How did you update your BIOS, or did you not have to? Does your BIOS look like mine does? I included an image of it earlier in the thread.[/QUOTE]

My motherboard is Revision 1.0 and yes BIOS looks like your pictures (even on F7). AFAIK the B75M-D3P doesn't have Q-Flash capability and there are two ways to update - using Windows or a bootable DOS USB drive. I used a bootable DOS drive and it wasn't for the faint of heart but it worked. I've attached a file with more info on the procedures. Good luck.

Attachments

• BIOS Update Methods.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 150
My motherboard is Revision 1.0 and yes BIOS looks like your pictures (even on F7). AFAIK the B75M-D3P doesn't have Q-Flash capability and there are two ways to update - using Windows or a bootable DOS USB drive. I used a bootable DOS drive and it wasn't for the faint of heart but it worked. I've attached a file with more info on the procedures. Good luck.

Sigh. That's what it seemed like, but the manual for the motherboard actually mentions Q-Flash.... So I kept trying. I was too tired to attempt anything fancy with the DOS method last night, but I'll try it today.

I have revision 1.0 btw.

Thanks all. Wish me luck, I'll report back.

How did you update your BIOS, or did you not have to? Does your BIOS look like mine does? I included an image of it earlier in the thread.

@bbailey2960, I managed to get it flashed to F7, but even though I tried to set the BIOS back to close to what I had listed back on the 5th post in this thread (there are a few differences between the BIOS versions). Now it boots up to Clover, but as soon as I see the Apple logo, the system reboots. Do you recall encountering this when you updated to F7?

Given the new BIOS has slightly different settings, I've been playing around with different settings but with no luck. Unless I missed something, I'm wondering if now there's something that now needs adjusting in Clover. I'm just not sure how to test that.

Last edited:
Now it boots up to Clover, but as soon as I see the Apple logo, the system reboots. Do you recall encountering this when you updated to F7?

Good to hear that you're posting and getting past the Clover menu. I had no problems with system reboots after upgrading to F7 BIOS (keeping in mind that I have not tried Mojave). It might be time to start another thread in Mojave Desktop Support, starting up in verbose mode, and posting a screen pic of where your system stops/reboots. I'll be following your progress, good luck.

Good to hear that you're posting and getting past the Clover menu. I had no problems with system reboots after upgrading to F7 BIOS (keeping in mind that I have not tried Mojave). It might be time to start another thread in Mojave Desktop Support, starting up in verbose mode, and posting a screen pic of where your system stops/reboots. I'll be following your progress, good luck.

I started one in the UEFI / BIOS forum just to make sure something wasn't off in my BIOS configuration.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...p-rev1-0-reboots-at-apple-load-screen.267301/

Assuming that looks ok, yeah it's time to pause the video card endeavors until i can boot up again successfully haha.
Thanks again for your help and responsiveness :)

@shmoppa thanks for starting this thread :)

Happy owner of an old Hackintosh build (i5 3570k + GTX 660ti + B75M-D3p + 430W PSU) I updated to Mojave and discovered that my good old 660ti wasn't supported so I swapped it for a Sapphire rx 570 8gb pulse.

Same as you, it wouldn't even post.

I was running the F4 Bios back then, I run the update to F7 through a hard drive running Win10 and everything is working perfectly now.

Thanks again because I was about to get a new PSU or track down the dude who sold me the CG!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back