NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2048 MB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi everybody,
I've managed to update my Mavericks installation to Yosemite on my HackPro.
Made the update with the guide available here, used the very latest Multibeast to set things up and to update kexts, reboot.
The system hangs; it hangs even if I set not to use KernelCache on Multibeast options.
It doesn't hang if I put a "-f" flag on Chimera boot.
Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?
The good thing is that, after having passed the "boot problem", the system runs smooth and without an issue. :crazy:

Hi everybody,
I've managed to update my Mavericks installation to Yosemite on my HackPro.
Made the update with the guide available here, used the very latest Multibeast to set things up and to update kexts, reboot.
The system hangs; it hangs even if I set not to use KernelCache on Multibeast options.
It doesn't hang if I put a "-f" flag on Chimera boot.
Could someone please tell me what am I doing wrong?
The good thing is that, after having passed the "boot problem", the system runs smooth and without an issue. :crazy:

Please boot in Verbose mode using -v command and make screenshots. It would give us more information ;)

GL & HF

I have the exact same mobo and am having the exact same issue as you (hang on boot without -f bootflag) including UseKernelCache=No not solving the issue.

Edit: Actually, scratch that; removing UseKernelCache resolved my boot issue? I'm still not confident that fixed it but I'll update this reply if I find something else.

Sidenote however, have you got Audio working with Multibeast 7.0 yet? I can only get it working by using MB6.5 and installing ALC887/88b Current v100302 from there, not MB7.0.

Last edited:
I honestly do not know whether audio works because I use an external USB Focusrite audio interface which drivers perfectly fit Yosemite, even on an hackintosh.
The problem seems to be with the Ethernet on board.

You may find the verbose (jpeg) log here.

I honestly do not know whether audio works because I use an external USB Focusrite audio interface which drivers perfectly fit Yosemite, even on an hackintosh.
The problem seems to be with the Ethernet on board.

You may find the verbose (jpeg) log here.

Try booting with -x dart=0

When you access OS X fix your ethernet driver ;)

GL & HF

Tried to do as you said:

1- restarted with -x dart=0
2- reinstalled Multibeast Yosemite kexts (updated the ones that worked earlier...)
3- repaired disk permissions with Disk Utility.

Nothing yet. It behaves correctly only by pressing -f.
Is there a way to put it automatically? UseKernelCache=no it's not the same thing.
Regards.

Tried to do as you said:

1- restarted with -x dart=0
2- reinstalled Multibeast Yosemite kexts (updated the ones that worked earlier...)
3- repaired disk permissions with Disk Utility.

Nothing yet. It behaves correctly only by pressing -f.
Is there a way to put it automatically? UseKernelCache=no it's not the same thing.
Regards.

My advise to you:

- Do a clean installation of OS X
- Do NOT apply kext that worked before
- Let us know step by step what you have done

If you get any errors, make screenshots and post them here.

This will help you single out the problem.

GL & HF

Mmmhh... reinstalling from scratch?!?
Quite impossible, too many things to start from zero again.
Is there a way to put automatically "-f" to the boot process?

Mmmhh... reinstalling from scratch?!?
Quite impossible, too many things to start from zero again.
Is there a way to put automatically "-f" to the boot process?

The reason I say reinstall is because you've probably changed to many thing to really solve your problem. A reinstall will fix the basics. Using other kext files will not always solve a problem, in fact, in most cases it will create more issues.
A reinstall is done pretty quick anyways.

But if you really insist on doing nothing else you could add this to your Chameleon Boot Plist file:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>UserKernelCache=No</string>

GL & HF

Last edited:
Hello! Preferred to buy a new SSD and do:

1. fresh install of YOSEMITE from new thumb usb prepared with unibeast 5.2
  2. after first boot use multibeast 7.5 (FREE DSDT + audio + lan + usb 3.0).
  3. reboot and boot from thumb usb. go to "disk utility" and unmount the SSD. go to terminal and paste it: "dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2"
  4. shutdown, remove the thumb usb and boot.
  5. update to 10.10.5 with combo update
  6. reboot
  7. restore audio (mutibeast 6.5). maybe u need to restore lan usb3.0) using multibeast 7.5.

NOTE: i'm using HDMI and another kext for audio installed with "kext utility", if u like i can upload it.

NOW U CAN RESTORE YOUR FILES from old HDD.

ALL work but i can't use iMessage. i'm trying to fix it.... updated my Model Identifier, with MultiBeast
http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...770-ga-b75m-d3p-16gb-ram-intel-hd-4000-a.html

sorry for my english. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back