Contribute
Register

GA-B75M-D3H, Celeron G1620, GeForce GT 610 1GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macscm,

Just for laughs, check your computer's BIOS and make sure that the onboard ethernet is set to enabled. I've run across this more than once and it's always worth a look.

Tom

Macscm,

Just for laughs, check your computer's BIOS and make sure that the onboard ethernet is set to enabled. I've run across this more than once and it's always worth a look.

Tom
Hahaha, thanks for the tip. You are right, I am so dumb messing up with this that may be that is the reason. But when I used window with the same configuration I just used gigabit cd to install driver for ethernet and that was working fine. But definitely I will double check.

Also I think there is some problem that I identified here. As advised by Adrian, I was looking at the ssd(install driver---i.e Samsung ssd) and I noticed that verify disk permissions and repair disk permissions options are grey(attached picture).

Can you plz suggest me how to fix that?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Install_drive_permissions.jpg
    Install_drive_permissions.jpg
    1,000.2 KB · Views: 234
Hi Dr. Tom,

After updating the permissions, now my ethernet is working. Here is the file attached. Only thing not working is iMessage and sing in to apple id. As I told you earlier its a common fix. Can you plz guide me where are latest multi beast setting in the disk. I will also share those once you give me the idea of that file's location.

Also if you find something that you think can be corrected or improved plz suggest.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    702 bytes · Views: 133
Hi Dr. Tom,

After updating the permissions, now my ethernet is working. Here is the file attached. Only thing not working is iMessage and sing in to apple id. As I told you earlier its a common fix. Can you plz guide me where are latest multi beast setting in the disk. I will also share those once you give me the idea of that file's location.

Also if you find something that you think can be corrected or improved plz suggest.

Thanks again.

Your org.chameleon.Boot.plist is identical to mine, and that puzzles me. According to the TonyMac thread on the GraphicsEnabler switch, yours should be set to "yes" for the Nvidia GT 610, but your setup is working so maybe we shouldn't mess with success. :D

You have to save your Multibeast settings to disk otherwise you will not be able to see them or load them. Just click on the Save button while in Multibeast and give the file a name. I called mine "Multibeast Settings." The default folder is your Documents folder and that's as good as any. It will show up as Multibeast Settings.mb.

Here's what I think your Multibeast configuration should look like:

Screen Shot 2014-01-07 at 7.51.50 PM.png

Tom

Thanks a lot Adrian for your support and help. Really appreciate that.

Now I am hoping for 2011 socket kernel support in 10.9.2 update or may be in 10.10 OS so that when 2011-3 Haswell is in the market I can try that one.

Thanks to Tony,Macman, Adrian and company. You guys are awesome.

Hi folks,

I am planning to build a NAS + a bit more. Preferably a Mavericks based Hackintosh. Planning for non-expensive, low power consuming hardware. G1620 looks to fit this bill, and so does this motherboard :) Plan for 8GB memory.
Probably running 24x7

Just wanting to make sure that the combination of GA-B75M-D3H and Celeron G6120 will provide me at least with

gigabit ethernet
USB2 *and* USB3
4 disk (4TB) and one SSD (64GB or so) all SATA 2 or 3.
PS2 keyboard & mouse
graphics
When not used must be able to switch to low power consumption, while still being able to respond to client requests.

I might select to get this machine into a OS Mavericks server, although not sure if that brings benefits I can use.

Initial goals for this system:
NAS (2x4GB RAID-1 initially) via internal gigabit network.
Printer spooler to support AirPrint for iPad
Sound (iTunes, Spotify, etc) for background music while my laptop/Hackintosh are connected to VPN

Future goal: media server (PLEX?) attached to Apple TV.

Extra thoughts:
Would appreciate VGA, (for attaching to a terminal server: VGA-PS2-PS2) although I recall VGA and 1150 based CPUs do not mix very well...

gigabit needs to be able to send/receive around 100MByte/sec. Not sure if G1620 is a bottleneck for this..

Your advise appreciated!

Total Cost for my build:
Mobo = 65 $
Cpu = 40 $
Graphics card = 30 $
Ram(Kingston-4gb) = 35 $
Casing+psu(Corsair-430 W) = 45$

Total cost of basic build = 215 $

Other basic parts depend on your choice for HDD/SSD, Cd rom, Wireless card, keyboard/mouse and monitor.

All usb(2/3) are working. Ethernet is working. Apple id sing in working. One thing not working is iMessage and I don't use that.......:)

Total Cost for my build:
Mobo = 65 $
Cpu = 40 $
Graphics card = 30 $
Ram(Kingston-4gb) = 35 $
Casing+psu(Corsair-430 W) = 45$

Total cost of basic build = 215 $

Other basic parts depend on your choice for HDD/SSD, Cd rom, Wireless card, keyboard/mouse and monitor.

All usb(2/3) are working. Ethernet is working. Apple id sing in working. One thing not working is iMessage and I don't use that.......:)

Macscm,

My "EconoMac" build for our local computer users group used the identical configuration as yours and was equally successful on both 10.8.5 and 10.9.1. In my case I was able to keep the cost to $150 because I had everything I needed except for the G1620, GA-B75M-HD3, and GT 610. We built it in an older HP Pavilion case as you can see below. It outperforms every Mac Mini except for the i5 and i7 series, which is awesome for the money.

HP_Front.jpg

I am almost 100% certain that the G1620 has HD 2500 as its GPU. I was able to install and get to the desktop in safe mode with proper resolution and HD 2500 identified with 512 MB video ram. Like many others who definitely do have HD 2500 graphics, no matter what platform ID I used I could not get a proper image if I wasn't in safe mode. I could get 1024x768 with no acceleration, or even 1600x1200 with no acceleration, but that was as good as it got. As soon as I popped in the GT 610 and disabled onboard graphics I was gold. This is a heck of a CPU for the money! :headbang:

Tom

I don't disagree with your findings on the processor power for simple tasks like surfing the web and using pages/numbers type apps.

The Ivy Bridge Celeron's and Pentium's all have Intel HD graphics only and are not supported. You should get an image but no QE/CI acceleration is available in OS X. Hence needing a GPU.
http://ark.intel.com/products/71073/intel-celeron-processor-g1620-2m-cache-2_70-ghz
http://www.tonymacx86.com/wiki/index.php/QE/CI_Graphics_Acceleration
I hope that helps for others reading this thread. :thumbup:

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back