Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I have just built my Hackintosh with the configuration mentioned above. I want to install windows 7 along with Mac OS on a seaprate HDD. Can someone plz guide me.

Also I want to report that everything is working fine in my configuration. Its unbelievably awesome.

Hi,
I have just built my Hackintosh with the configuration mentioned above. I want to install windows 7 along with Mac OS on a seaprate HDD. Can someone plz guide me.

Also I want to report that everything is working fine in my configuration. Its unbelievably awesome.

Going Bald has a dual booting thread that you can use - it works with Mavericks & Windows 7 (just be prepared for all the windows updates) ;)
http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/96000-guide-dual-booting-mountain-lion-windows-8-a.html

Adrian B

Thanks Adrian. You are life saver. Happy New Year Buddy. Stay blessed.

Hi,

Congrats on the successful build! :) Could you post your Multibeast settings and org.chameleon.Boot.plist for me? I am about to build a machine identical to yours for a friend and I'd like to make sure I'm headed in the right direction.

Tom

Sure Dr. Tom, plz see attached.

I am facing couple of problems and need your guidance for these.

My first query is that as Data Backup Drive I am using WD 1TB drive formatted as ExFat and sometimes the volume disappears so my question is that what should be the format for the Backup drives? I mean Ex Fat or some other recommended format?

Second, I checked my ethernet and I dont think its working coz I am using wireless WDN 4800 TP link that worked fine out of the box. So if you can help me with that.

iMessage not working and Apple ID sign in problem but those problems are common and there is lot of information how to fix that. Even there is a fix suggested by Bob Roche from Roceh Technologies. I am not using that so I am not worried about that.

Last thing, Dr. Tom, its embarrassing, but I dont know where is org.chameleon.Boot.plist. I need some time to learn that stuff but one thing i want to share is that Geekbench score was 3530. And with samsung SSD as boot drive system is really smooth without any hiccups.

Adrian and Dr. Tom your guidance means so much. As this is my first hack for the sake of testing the possibility of building hackintosh. I am eyeing on Haswell-e 2011-3 socket that is supposed to hit the market in Fall 2014. So your guidance in this area will be helpful.

And again thanks Dr. Tom for your encouragement to go with this build. And Adrian was really helping me a lot. I am really happy to be part of this wonderful community.

Great work Tony and co.

Attachments

• Multibeast-settings.pdf
    18.4 KB · Views: 190
View attachment 78884Your .orgchameleon.Boot.plist is situated in the 'Extra' folder of your SSD.

• If the Apple HDD icon for your SSD installation is on your desktop, then click to open.
  • With the menu set to icons, it should show the following folders; Applications, Extra, Library, System and Users. Click on 'Extra' to open it up.

Some handy links - use the manage attachments tool below to add screenshots etc.

As for doing a socket 2011 build you might be better considering an i7 haswell build on a Z87 motherboard. A great deal better supported than X79 (now discontinued), the replacement X99 should be along in the next three months. This is really a discussion for another thread anyway.

Adrian B

Thanks Adrian.
Dr. Tom I will post that when I get home.

Adrian what about HDD related question(Format type of backup HDD)

I would love to join X99 forum to explore the feasibility of that machine in comparison with Haswell Z87/97 socket.

Thanks again.

Thanks Adrian.
Dr. Tom I will post that when I get home.

Adrian what about HDD related question(Format type of backup HDD)

I would love to join X99 forum to explore the feasibility of that machine in comparison with Haswell Z87/97 socket.

Thanks again.

I use Mac OS Extended(Journaled), this is only for Mac OS X. A decent i7 build can be more powerful than an entry level, New Mac Pro. It does depend what that you wish to use it for. The thinking here is that X79 should NOT be used for professional use. We do not feel that it is stable enough. There are many that do of course use it for their own work. I feel that having backup machine and all work backed ip is even more critical for professionals.

Adrian B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back