Contribute
Register

G74SX success - Problem with video memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, how did you manage to put the sound and video to work? Im on a g74sx-3D :beachball:
I can see DVD's with no sound; youtube videos and apple tv adds just don't play, no video or sound; iTunes videos not playing, no video, no sound.
I need a noob-proof explanation, as I'm completely new to this :)

Thanks in Advance

Nevermind, just followed Kind's thread... iTunes is on. :)
http://www.insanely-mac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=280388&st=0&p=1832002&#entry1832002

PS. I also get "Graphics Asus GeForce GTX 560M 1536 MB"

For sound:

I was able to use a voodooHDA.kext version which worked with this laptop. I tryed also the versions from multibeast, but they didn't work so well. This voodooHDA.kext has some issues anyway, internal mic is not working, and some other minor issues. I tryed also the AppleHDA.kext + HDAEnabler.kext inside ralf_64 pack for g73sw. They work much better, but internal speakers are not working. I am trying to understand why, and to eventually edit them for g74sx, but still far from a solution :S

if you want i can post my kexts later when i'm home
my sound is working pretty fine so far,internal speakers work and microphone does(tho i didn't test anything plugged in yet,just the internal things)

Do you have your trackpad with multitouch gestures working right? Can you use multiple monitors? (I have no trackpad and get blue screens) :) I would love to see those kexts!

I finally found an AppleHDA.kext version which works great with my G74SX. Unfortunately External mic not working, so I am trying to mod it to fix this. I am not that good or expert, so it will take time. But at the moment is best solution.

I'll try to build a guide soon!

Could you upload all the kexts and files you used into this thread. since the g73sw gm install thread is gone?

Here are mine (full and unclean):

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B7aCL-N--t_zbWRPRGoxeUZJRHM/edit

1 - Extra Folder:
2 - System/Library/Extensions:

Hope it helps

Please, anyone who has a stereoscopic g74s, help me to get my 3D on OSX :D
Furthermore:
- I would like to have multiple screens...
- better mic
- better bluetooth
- solve the sleep problem
- and, if you liked my contribution try out my first android game, Poxel ;) its free
- if the files are not downloadable tell me and i'll fix it

i'll definitely try your files. and congrats on the poxel!!! i'm learning java right now. going through prentice hall's intro to java 8th edition book, its definitely not an easy subject, congratulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back