Motherboard
Asrock z77 Professional M
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
EVGA gtx 760 Ti 4GB
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I discovered that if I use an older version of chimera, ram is correctly detected. Unfortunately system becomes less stable :S I hope to find a bootloader working, or that next chimera version fixes it.

check your DSDT you probably have to add the RAM that is missing

thanks, I'll try. Never edited a dsdt before, so I am not sure to reach the goal, but I'll give a try. Any tip will be much appreciated ;)

if I am not mistaken because you are also following the guide for the ASUS G73 maybe you are using the DSDT for the G73 and not the one for your G74. these machines are very similar but you should check your DSDT, I recommend you to install Ubuntu or any Linux distro and get the DSDT for your laptop and compare them with the app DSDTSE, if you get the DSDT from linux you will have add some code to make it work with OS X, DSDTSE helps you with that but maybe you dont have to do this since your problem is only the RAM on you Laptop, just compare them add the changes and compile it.

you can install Ubuntu on a USB flash drive and just open the terminal and paste this code to get your DSDT:

cd ~/Desktop
sudo cat /sys/firmware/acpi/tables/DSDT > DSDT.aml

thanks for the tips.

Anyway, I didn't use dsdt for g73sw, I used a dsdt for g74sx downloaded from another site. Anyway, I tryed your kexts, and deleted voodoohda.kext. Since sound disappeared I decided to compile a new dsdt.aml. I entered windows, extracted it with aida64, then I entered back osx and patched it with dsdt editor, using a patch for g74sx from olarila. Nothing changed in video memory detection, it is till 1,5 gb. also, sound controller now appears on top bar. Mic works, and device is correctly detected. Just no sound at all, unless I plugin headphones. I have to study more how to understand dsdt editing, I think there is the trick for sound. For memory, I don't understand why chimera 1.9.1 shows right memory. I mean, if is a dsdt problem, shouldn't it shows wrong memory no matter the bootloader I use?

thanks for your tips and for kexts :)

i'll check what mine says when i get home

did you manage to get the keyboard backlight,bluetooth and sleep working?
for me anything else except this is working(didn't test sd card reader,and the keyboard layout is a lil strange,but i can live with that)

backlight, bluetooth and sleep not working unfortunately. sd neither. keyboard has some keys swapped, but in the end works fine. Actually what I want is to fix better sound, graphic card memory and sleep. For the rest laptop is surprisingly stable. With lion I got some kernel panics time by time, with ML (probably for new nvidia support) it works so great. no kp, no high fan speed, not much heath either. At the moment I installed back voodoohda kext waiting to unsderstand how to fix ralf kexts for this model.
Other minor problem is icloud and imessage login. for some reason I don't understand is not possible to handle it :S.
I am also using a ssdt for my processor (2670qm), which I took from another guide inside here (can't remember which one, sorry).

I'll post as I have some news.

ok i just checked,my nvidia card says 1,5gb ram too

is there any chance to get the fn keys working? so we could reduce display brightness? would save some more battery. ofc this book isn't one of those you can to too far from a power source either,but would help

Hi, how did you manage to put the sound and video to work? Im on a g74sx-3D :beachball:
I can see DVD's with no sound; youtube videos and apple tv adds just don't play, no video or sound; iTunes videos not playing, no video, no sound.
I need a noob-proof explanation, as I'm completely new to this :)

Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back