Contribute
Register

G73JH(probably other 5-series) Sleep/wake and shutdown issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not in my experience. You'd have to show ioreg to prove what you're doing.

got it empty again but still no sleep or shutdown

Attachments

• Balthazar’s MacBook Pro.zip
    409.8 KB · Views: 66
got it empty again but still no sleep or shutdown

If you disable EH01 and/or EH02 via DSDT does it also fix the problem?

Does it require both disabled or just one??

I wrote some code that disables EHCI controllers, published various places. But there is an example in the y50 project.

Not sure if 5-series is the same as 8-series/9-series... you'll have to read the data sheet.

If you disable EH01 and/or EH02 via DSDT does it also fix the problem?

Does it require both disabled or just one??

I wrote some code that disables EHCI controllers, published various places. But there is an example in the y50 project.

Not sure if 5-series is the same as 8-series/9-series... you'll have to read the data sheet.

i can disable all EH01 and EH02 in bios and it fixes the problem

i can disable all EH01 and EH02 in bios and it fixes the problem

My suggestion was to use ACPI patches to disable either EH01 or EH02 individually.

My suggestion was to use ACPI patches to disable either EH01 or EH02 individually.

Never mind about disabling controllers got it to shutdown with injecting empty ports dictionary and patching prw 0x0D from 3 to 0. Putting it to sleep results in instant wake instead of stuck on blank screen.

Never mind about disabling controllers got it to shutdown with injecting empty ports dictionary and patching prw 0x0D from 3 to 0. Putting it to sleep results in instant wake instead of stuck on blank screen.

Make sure the _PRW patch you use (0x0d vs. 0x6d) matches the original DSDT.

Make sure all _PRW that return the same GPE index are patched.

Next you can enable ports one by one, in order to determine if it is a specific device causing the problem.

i used your 0x0D patch which i know is the correct then removed _DSM and remove all XHCI adr and devices and i check other adr to make sure i didn't miss any.

i used your 0x0D patch which i know is the correct then removed _DSM and remove all XHCI adr and devices and i check other adr to make sure i didn't miss any.

this is what happens when trying sleep
2016-01-16 04:08:29.506722 PM [AirPlayUIAgent] BecomingInactive: NSWorkspaceWillSleepNotification
WindowServer:no sleep images for WillPowerOffWithImages
WindowServer:handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: Deferring.

this is what happens when trying sleep
2016-01-16 04:08:29.506722 PM [AirPlayUIAgent] BecomingInactive: NSWorkspaceWillSleepNotification
WindowServer:no sleep images for WillPowerOffWithImages
WindowServer:handle_will_sleep_auth_and_shield_windows: Deferring.

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
if [ -d ~/Downloads/RehabMan ]; then rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan; fi
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Note: It is easier if you use copy/paste instead of typing the commands manually.

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc

Also, post EFI/Clover folder (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Any progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back