Contribute
Register

G73JH(probably other 5-series) Sleep/wake and shutdown issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe a specific device that is connected, external or internal. Have you tried disabling ports for internal devices, either one at a time or all of them, to see if the controller can be enabled, but blame laid on a specific connected device?

guess i could have phrased it better. the only time sleep/shutdown works is when the controllers are disabled. as soon as the controllers are enabled with all ports and devices(except internal hubs) disabled sleep/shutdown is broken.

external ports are only ehc1
devices are only ehc2

guess i could have phrased it better. the only time sleep/shutdown works is when the controllers are disabled. as soon as the controllers are enabled with all ports and devices(except internal hubs) disabled sleep/shutdown is broken.

external ports are only ehc1
devices are only ehc2

Are there any devices (internal or external) connected to the internal hubs, or are you disabling all ports on each hub (by injecting no ports)?

Are there any devices (internal or external) connected to the internal hubs, or are you disabling all ports on each hub (by injecting no ports)?
for the question
when i disable the devices the ports still show on the internal hub but
disabling the built-in port injector for EHC1/EHC2 with port injection for EH01/EH02 loads AppleUSB20Hub with all hub ports(no injection w/ and w/o devices)enabled regardless of ACPI spec on internal hub ports,

okay that is weird.
if i disable EH01/EH02 port injection and patch the DSDT Name(_UPC for the controller port(00, FF to FF, FF) and hubports it switches back to AppleUSB20InternalIntelHub which is used by the built-in injectors filtering out unused ports

except a second port as magically appeared at 0x1A200000/0x1D200000(not in DSDT and not injected by me)

for the question
when i disable the devices the ports still show on the internal hub but

I'm suggesting you disable the ports that the devices are connected to by not injecting the port.

I'm suggesting you disable the ports that the devices are connected to by not injecting the port.

except this issue

for the question
disabling the built-in port injector for EHC1/EHC2 with port injection for EH01/EH02 loads AppleUSB20Hub with all internal hub ports(no injection w/ and w/o devices)enabled regardless of ACPI spec on internal hub ports,

except this issue

If you don't inject the port for the hub, the hub won't load. You have to inject an empty 'ports' dictionary.

Also, you could inject no ports on the hub, but allow the port for the hub to be enabled (just for comparison sake).

If you don't inject the port for the hub, the hub won't load. You have to inject an empty 'ports' dictionary.

Also, you could inject no ports on the hub, but allow the port for the hub to be enabled (just for comparison sake).

i had already switched from port injecting to patching DSDT(_UPC FF,FF) with empty 'ports' dictionary on the injector(it causes second ports to appear at 0x1D200000 and 0x1A200000 which don't exist) .

i switched the port for the hub back to oem 00, FF on EH01/EH02 and still no sleep/shutdown.

ioreg is EH01 FF,FF and EH02 00,FF

Attachments

• Balthazar’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    6.9 MB · Views: 113
i had already switched from port injecting to patching DSDT(_UPC FF,FF) with empty 'ports' dictionary on the injector(it causes second ports to appear at 0x1D200000 and 0x1A200000 which don't exist) .

I would have to see ioreg to see what you're actually doing.

The ioreg you provide here does not implement any of my suggestions.

I would have to see ioreg to see what you're actually doing.

The ioreg you provide here does not implement any of my suggestions.

EH02 is what EH01 looked like when i tested no ports. just like all 5-series macs if no injection there are no hub or ports on 10.11+

EH02 is what EH01 looked like when i tested no ports. just like all 5-series macs if no injection there are no hub or ports on 10.11+

No ideas without ioreg.

If you don't want to try my suggestions, that's fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back