Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Hey guys,

So I used the Customizing AppleHDA.kext guide to unlink the Front and Rear (green) audio jacks, I moved the headphone input to item 5, since I don't use SPDIF, I figured I'd replace that and keep my other ports functioning, as I have a surround sound setup. I then deleted the rear speaker node from the headphones item, and vice versa for the rear audio item. I was able to get them unlinked, however now the actual audio switches between the two inputs about every 20 seconds, so if I'm listening to headphones, it will go quiet and I'd have to switch to rear speakers and then it would be playing in that, then it would go quiet again. Any advice on how to fix this problem? I have attached a screenshot of the current platforms.xml that I changed in case it was something that I did.

Rear Audio (green) is 2
Front audio (headphones) is 5

My build uses the Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH built into a G5 case utilizing the front panel for the headphone jack.

Thanks!

Attachments

• platform.JPG
    platform.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 331
So I used the Customizing AppleHDA.kext guide to unlink the Front and Rear (green) audio jacks, I moved the headphone input to item 5, since I don't use SPDIF, I figured I'd replace that and keep my other ports functioning, as I have a surround sound setup. I then deleted the rear speaker node from the headphones item, and vice versa for the rear audio item. I was able to get them unlinked, however now the actual audio switches between the two inputs about every 20 seconds, so if I'm listening to headphones, it will go quiet and I'd have to switch to rear speakers and then it would be playing in that, then it would go quiet again. Any advice on how to fix this problem? !
You left the amp/mixer the same for 2 different pins, no go. From the Customizing the ML Optimized AppleHDA.pdf, finish the pathmap edit as described:

Current:
Item 0/NodeID/Number/27
Item 1/NodeID/Number/12
Item 2/NodeID/Number/2

New:
Item 0/NodeID/Number/27
Item 1/NodeID/Number/38
Item 2/NodeID/Number/37

Works perfectly, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back