RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a G5 2.0 dual with the screaming fan situation and plan to use the case for a hackintosh/snowleo project. I have a 22" Soyo topaz monitor. My component build list so far:

mobo- GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R

proc.- INTEL i7-950 Bloomfield

hdd- WD Caviar Black 1TB 7200rpm SATA 6.0

ssd- Crucial RealSSD C300 2.5" SATA III

mem- G.SKILL 6GB (3X2GB) DDR3 1600

video-GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 460 (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI E

dvd- ASUS Black 24X DVD+R

psu- CORSAIR 750W ATX12V

I would appreciate any and all comments/suggestions regarding suitability and/or conflicts with this ensemble and any additions or changes. Thank You.

I wouldn't order just yet.

I wouldn't go with the SATA III drives because OS X doesn't support SATA III. Also the nvidia cards can cause random freezing. I would go with either an ATI 5770 or 5870. Also I would go with a Sony DVD-RW SATA drive, instead of the Asus. I would also go with a modular Corsair PSU, and aftermarket CPU cooler. Either the Cooler Master 212+ or the Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B.

Dr. Who? said:
I wouldn't order just yet.
Thx for the response..I didn't catch it til this morn. but was still able to cancel the order w/newegg. It's probably for the better cuz I have some new ideas and was going to make some other changes.
Point of clarification- even though sata III is a new standard, I was thinking/hoping the equipment would be backward compatible? and when Apple caught up I would be OK.
Good call on the modular psu. I didn't know there were the different types (my experience is mostly older macs); thanks for the heads up. I'm going w/the scythe cpu cooler; the apparent height of the cooler master worried me and the scythe looked better :thumbup: What's special about the Sony OD vs Asus? Thanks again

How well will the motherboard mount in that case?? ;)

seanmcd72 said:
How well will the motherboard mount in that case?? ;)
I got a wide range of hammers :lol: Seriously, I don't know, but I'm good with metal fabrication and if it gets too ridiculous, I have a Thermaltake case as a backup plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back