Contribute
Register

G5 Asus P8Z77-M Pro Hack

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glued the standoffs for the tray..I wonder if the mobo gets proper grounded when epoxied to the back ( maybe an additional ground cable is necessary?)

Yesterday I tried to make backplates but its not that easy ;) one is of .8 thin the other from 1,5 mm thick aluminium. I fooked up a little on the first, but it fits. The second, its so hard to saw and file, its not fun, I doubt to finish it ;)
Now I´ll try to do two layers for the back panel, get some 3 mm thick white plastic which is somewhat easier to saw and use the first one just as base plate for that.

then I glued one broken standoff of the grips

Attachments

• Foto0331.jpg
    Foto0331.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 162
  • Foto0333.jpg
    Foto0333.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 175
  • Foto0334.jpg
    Foto0334.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 160
mockup with a backpanel from white plastic material, kinda hardfoam, quite easy to cut but durable. This now serves as a working version, maybe I paint it just metallic as I wanna go on with the other setup and components.. ;)

the glued grip standoff is fine now, too..

Attachments

• Foto0352.jpg
    Foto0352.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 148
  • Foto0349.jpg
    Foto0349.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 121
…Yesterday I tried to make backplates but its not that easy ;) one is of .8 thin the other from 1,5 mm thick aluminium. I fooked up a little on the first, but it fits. The second, its so hard to saw and file, its not fun, I doubt to finish it ;)

You should get yourself a dremel or a reciprocating saw to save yourself a lot of stress when cutting metal.

yeah maybe..I´m better with hand tools I guess.. I installed the hdd cage and made the front panel cable.

.. the case is already sold now and my next project can start ..;)

cheers

Attachments

• Foto0358.jpg
    Foto0358.jpg
    216.5 KB · Views: 158
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back