Contribute
Register

Full installation on X99, minor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
OSXAptiofixdriver error - is problem with memory allocation. Solve is here https://nickwoodhams.com/x99-hackin...relocblock-can-not-allocate-relocation-block/
You need test2.efi .

Well....after giving that a try on a clean install still not working. However, I did read an old article somewhere saying that this was an issue with the X99-UD4 specifically. So, with that being said I will not stop trying to get 10.11.1 to work on my Hackintosh.

Would it be a good idea to go ahead and try installing 10.11.2? Maybe the issue is that I'm trying 10.11.1?

Thanks for the help!

Well....after giving that a try on a clean install still not working. However, I did read an old article somewhere saying that this was an issue with the X99-UD4 specifically. So, with that being said I will not stop trying to get 10.11.1 to work on my Hackintosh.

Would it be a good idea to go ahead and try installing 10.11.2? Maybe the issue is that I'm trying 10.11.1?

Thanks for the help!

With a nVidia GPU you cannot use the MacPro 6,1 System Definition unless you edit the plist in the graphics driver. See Problem 4 http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/161256-solving-nvidia-driver-install-loading-problems.html

Hey Lokicat,

I've just purchased a very similar setup to Yours:
Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4
GTX 960 4GB,
4x8 GB RAM,
Samsung 256 GB SSD.

I've build my setup already, and now i'm getting all the things needed to get through all of this.
I've seen your posts on the Good News 10.11 and saw You had a big success on your setup.
I've already downloaded your stuff, but i need some questions on the beginning of installation. Did you make the installation USB from Unibeast? Was it with Uefi Boot Mode / Legacy Boot Mode ?
USB Drive should be MBR, and than the system drive - MBR or GUID?

Can you link me to a post to the installation steps You used ?

Thanks in advance!

Greets,
Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back