Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been able to successfully install on my X99-UD4 with a 5930K and GTX970. The only issue I'm having is when the boot up is finished my monitor goes into sleep mode and I have no output from the GTX 970. I can boot from the install flash drive with no issues. Is there a work around for this?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Did what the guide said verbatim, went to reboot and it failed. I had to reboot without kernel caches, then I ended up stuck here in boot up.

IMG_2722.jpg

Tried rebooting again and the same issue as original post.:banghead:

What boot flags and symbios?

EDIT:

try: -v npci=0x2000 and symbios MacPro3,1, MacPro5,1, or iMac14,2

What boot flags and symbios?

EDIT:

try: -v npci=0x2000 and symbios MacPro3,1, MacPro5,1, or iMac14,2

Boot Flags: npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1

symbios: MacPro6,1

However I will boot up and not put the display to sleep with the boot flags changed to npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and -v.

Side note, it will boot without -v being a boot flag. I'm only putting there to make sure it's not getting hung up while booting.

EDIT:

Redid what was said to try in Post #2 and still nothing, I get the same result with an Nvidia GT 610. Boot Flags: npci=0x2000 kext-dev-mode=1 nada_drv=1. Boots but screen still goes blank.

Boot Flags: npci=0x3000 kext-dev-mode=1

symbios: MacPro6,1

However I will boot up and not put the display to sleep with the boot flags changed to npci=0x2000 nv_disable=1 and -v.

Side note, it will boot without -v being a boot flag. I'm only putting there to make sure it's not getting hung up while booting.
Seems some cards are working better with 0x3000, kext-dev-mode=1 is a Yosemite flag and ignored by ElCap. There's no gain using MacPro6,1, and it does create a pita as after every update you have to repatch the graphics kext.

Edited the config.plist and removed kext-dev-mode=1 from the boot added nvda_drv=1, in the Nvidia control panel I switched to the Web Drivers. Went to boot in verbose and got this image.IMG_2723.jpg

Not sure if this helps you, but it's there for someone that can.

Thanks for helping me out with this!

lokicat,Would you be able to post your config.plist so that I can compare it to mine?

I'm beginning to think that a clean install of 10.11.1 might do the trick.

Edited the config.plist and removed kext-dev-mode=1 from the boot added nvda_drv=1, in the Nvidia control panel I switched to the Web Drivers. Went to boot in verbose and got this image.

Not sure if this helps you, but it's there for someone that can.

Thanks for helping me out with this!

I had this same problem with the nVidia drivers and a GTX 980. Sometimes it takes 4 or 5 tries to get it to boot. Try turning power supply off/disconnect power cable to PSU and hold the PC start button down for 30 seconds. Reconnect power and boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back