CPU
Intel i7-7700
Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have all of the components to build a new computer following the Custo buying guidelines on the site. Howevere, I would like to have a multi boot with Windows 10 on one drive and Sierra on the other. Since all the components have EXE files to upgrade components, would it be best to install Windows first or to install Sierra first? Do they have to be installed at the same time?

Makes no difference which you install first. That said, Win10 does not like BIOS/UEFI changes once installed, so make sure the settings are good for Mac OS before installing Win10.
Also, Win10 installer is notorious for installing its files on a different HDD/SSD than the system drive you designate, so make sure the Win10 drive is the only one connected when you install Win10. You can either physically disconnect the cable on the other drives or you can disable the port in the UEFI/BIOS.

Thanks for the heads up..I think I get the order now. I also think I will wait and install my graphics card (gtx1060) after I install both OS and Windows based on your info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back