RX 570
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi there,
I am not really confident with the installation of an hackintosh, I am writing to you from my own hackintosh machine with High Sierra but I did not touch the installation process since then.

Now that Mojave is out and it brings the Dark Mode (beautiful btw) I would like to start with a fresh installation but I have few doubts and I do not want to miss things up.

_1. how can I recycle my config?
As far as I understood there are plenty of .kext that are needed to run our hardware and not met problems long the road, like for the .dll in the Windows ecosystem.

I would like to understand how to configure Clover in order to "pick up" my configuration and run the installation based on it.

I do still have the old USB drive that I used to install High Sierra, it could have something useful?

Side note: I am in the process to change the graphic card as well. I'll migrating from a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 to a MSI Armor Radeon RX570 since I read that OSX is now fully compatible with those cards and I think I will not need any particular .kext

_2. how can I be sure that my configuration is "the best one"
This has bugged me a lot, how can I be sure that I set the right configuration form my hackintosh? I mean, right now I have a
  • 3,5 GHz Intel Core i7
  • 32 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2 GB
  • a coupple of SSD and one HD
But the Info on this Mac menu shows me that I am running an iMac (27-inch, Late 2013). Is this kind of settings hurting my performances or blocking me from future updates?

_3. Do I have to edit BIOS settings?
Sorry I know that probably this is a dumb question but I have to ask it: since I am writing from the hackintosh I would like to update to Mojave and everything in Hig Sierra is working right, do you think that I have to change anything in the BIOS settings?

_4. Do you think I have to update my BIOS firmware?
I have never update my BIOS since buying this hardware, I've seen the list on GIGABYTE website of updates but it didn't look to me that I can benefit from an update. Do you think shall I go for it or I can stick with the working BIOS?

_5. how do you restore your systems?
This is an unrelated question but I would like to know how do you behave in case the installation process just does not work. This is my workstation that I use for work and I would like to be able to get back as soon as possible with High Sierra that is still working.

Since I have two SSD and I use the second one as a swap memory for my video edits, do you think that it could be a good idea to install there Mojave and if everything works, erese the other SSD and use that one as swap memory?

_THANK YOU :headbang:

Really guys if you read here I really appreciate your time and thanks to all the users that will help me up with my doubts. Reading the installation guide, the new guide on Lilu and other threads in this forum I understand that I do not understand all of the hackintosh world :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back