Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
CPU
Intel i7-6700k
Graphics
Gigabyte GeFore GTX950
Hi

I was upgrading to High Sierra, but ran into some trouble, and I supposed it was easier to just make a fresh install than trying to fix it. I have done that, and pretty much everything works great - it went much easier with drivers this time than when I did it for Sierra.

But I still have some problems. When the USB is inserted, and I use this as "boot drive", I can perfectly boot my Mac and everything is great. Mac is installed on my SSD; and I choose this in the Clover/Unibeast/Multibeast screen or whatever it is called.

BUT if I pull out my USB, select my SSD partition as boot drive and then choose my SSD in Clover/Unibeast/Multibeast screen, it goes to mac loading screen for like 1 second and then reboots. The same happens if I use verbose and safe mode.

Any suggestions?

And one more, small question - in BIOS when I want to select boot drive, I have like 300 options, because everytime I boot, I get another option on the list: the UEFI partition for my SSD. It is all the same, but it is quite weird.

Specs:

Intel i7-6700k
Gigabyte Z170X-Gaming 3
Gigabyte GeFore GTX950
Crucial Ballistix LT 16 GB RAM, 2400 MHz
Corsair R650 PSU
Samsung EVO850 SSD, 250GB

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.
@ChristianBundgaard, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
But I still have some problems. When the USB is inserted, and I use this as "boot drive", I can perfectly boot my Mac and everything is great. BUT if I pull out my USB, select my SSD partition as boot drive and then choose my SSD in Clover/Unibeast/Multibeast screen, it goes to mac loading screen for like 1 second and then reboots.
One way and probably the easiest is to copy the EFI folder of your USB drive to the desktop, now mount the EFI partition of your hard drive, find and delete the EFI folder that is currently on the hard drive and replace it with the one you copied from the USB drive.
And one more, small question - in BIOS when I want to select boot drive, I have like 300 options, because everytime I boot, I get another option on the list: the UEFI partition for my SSD. It is all the same, but it is quite weird.
[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems
Upgrade your BIOS to F20 or higher should resolve the issue, but you will then need emulated NVRAM.

Thanks BreBo!

- Personal details updated now.
- EFI-fix worked!
- Would you recommend upgrading BIOS etc. or doesn't it matter?

One more thing: in the config I changed to...

<key>SystemParameters</key>
<dict>
<key>InjectKexts</key>
<string>Detect</string>
<key>InjectSystemID</key>
<true/>
<key>NvidiaWeb</key>
<true/>
</dict>

But when I boot I still have to uncheck nvda_disable and check nvda_drvi (cant remember exact names, I think you get it).
Have I done anything wrong?

But when I boot I still have to uncheck nvda_disable and check nvda_drvi (cant remember exact names, I think you get it)
Check you config.plist and make sure you don't have nv_disable=1 in the Boot Arguments.
Upgrade your BIOS and setup emulated NVRAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back