Contribute
Register

Fresh GA-Z87MX-D3H, 4770K & 10.9 hangs (no KP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm having freezing issues AGAIN.. this machine is unusable..

before to say that it's a defective mobo,
someone can confirm that
2x2GB Corsair XMS3 PC3 10666 240 pin 1333 Mhz may not be responsible?

i bought it because cheaper.. but at this point, 50€ more are not a big problem

:banghead:

EDIT:

1)
Schermata 2013-11-20 alle 12.59.18.png

DRAM Voltage: 1.510

but still can't find a sense..

2)
Schermata 2013-11-20 alle 17.42.09.png

this is ridiculous..

I haven't noticed any 'random hangs' in a while, especially since i moved my ram models from 1&3 to 2&4.

However, the computer will freeze, every time, if I try to play any of the movies I purchase from iTunes - it doesn't matter if I open the movies in Quicktime, either. All my other media files play fine.
I fixed that by deleting the kexts for the integrated graphics... They still won't play, but at least they don't hang the machine... Also fixed graphics glitches in Maps.

I fixed that by deleting the kexts for the integrated graphics... They still won't play, but at least they don't hang the machine... Also fixed graphics glitches in Maps.

awesome, thanks for the solution. i'll give it a shot tonight. where would i find these integrated graphics kexts?

also, is there no way to get these itunes movies, playing?

Hello everyone. I can confirm after two weeks without hangs, the problem comes from KEXT we use. After disable the integrated network card, and put an HP NC360T (http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000J3OPOU/?tag=tonymacx86-21), which recognizes Mavericks to perfection, out of the box, whitout adiditional kexts.

Perhaps this article, confirm my suspicions.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/apple-news-rumors/112300-whats-new-kext-development.html

Greetings to all.

Interesting, but in my case this doesn't explain BSODs in Windows.. (They happen exactly as in OSX after 5/10 minutes of web browsing)

by the way memtest86 gave me 2 errors and tomorrow i'll test a new set of RAM according to this list:

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_ga-z87mx-d3h.pdf

Found the solutions?

i've got excatly same issue. It hangs random times with no KP.

My setup:
Gigabyte z87mx-d3h Bios F5
Intel 4770k I7 3,5 GHz
Kingston Genesis 2400 MHz ram (4x2Gb)
Asus NVidia GeForce 770 OC II 2GB
ssd disk from samsung
crosair 600w modular psu
PowerMac G5 case

The system does have 2x ram installed (slot A1 and A2) because when I install four dimm's (both slot A and B) the System won't boot, even no bios screen, juist only endless loop rebooting.
I think the issue be the PSU issue, but if anyone has a solution let me know :)

Installed mavericks 10.9 succesfully with no extra tweaks. Lastest multibeast and chimera installed.
i've done the solution as topic starter, but no succes.

It hangs in 2 to 20 minutes.

This is a hardware issue with gigabyte Z77 and Z87 motherboards, there are quite a few reports of this on the gigabyte message boards, regardless of the OS installed. I had the same problem, by disabling EIST my uptime's went from 1 day to about 3 days, but after replacing the motherboard with an ASRock, the issue is completely resolved.

Probably a hardware issue

After the update of multi beast to version 6.0.1 and HW monitor, look likes to have the solution.
Uptime: up 1 day, 17 mins, 2 users, load averages: 1,07 1,03 1,02

Still testing :beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back