Contribute
Register

Fresco Logic FL1009 USB 3.0 host controller on 10.6.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Pavilion A6519FH
CPU
Intel Quad upgrade
Graphics
GeForce 8400
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Snow Leopard on otherwise controversial Benicia motherboard still running strong here, loving it and unlikely to upgrade on this hardware. Thanks to unexpected health challenges my pennies have been running low and I bought this PCIE card > USB 3.0 for under $7.50 shipped. The Windows 7 side found the drivers on the CD and it rocks! Boot into Snow Leopard and am having a hard time getting any "drivers" to stick. There's no instructions, only drivers and the one but labeled 10.6.8 didn't work or was for something else.

And f I read correctly, OSX natively supports this chipset at 10.8.x, and I haven't seen where it may work or modified kexts usable for Snow Leopard.

If anyone knows of a solution I'd be most grateful Pretty cool little card though: 200 MB/sec (400 peaks) from external hard drive to Desktop on that older computer.

* if I'm in wrong place please PM me or move this, I haven't been here in a while, but you made it rock that good last time I just plain used it and had no catastrophic problems. Thanks!

24-ish hours later, rather than bump so much, here's what I've learned. Some names like CalDigit branded this chipset with their own drivers that work in 10.6.8, such as these: I've been able to get them to display "USB Super Speed" in the USB list but not have it detect anything plugged-in.

Just for kicks, tried two Live Linux (Mint x64 17.3 XFCE and AV Linux 6.04 x86) and both immediately recognize and setup the PCIE USB 3.0 card. Then I came here and read most of the 40 pages of Zenith's work with a later version of OSX.

So in the end, I'm not counting on ever having this working for Snow Leopard, but at least I know it works fine in Windows XP, 7, 8, 10 and Linux. I'll be fine, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back