Contribute
Register

Former Windows user switches to MBP for 2 years and then tries Windows again

Apple bugs you to sign in one drive is iCloud not sure I understand the issue with this.

I am sure somewhere deep in the ULA it says that supported hardware may not function in all configurations. Unlike apple drivers, windows drivers are supplied from the parts manufacture even the ones included in the windows install package. Windows like to be the boss of the system if your using a boot loader to multi boot that could be part of your issue. I have seen a lot of posts around here about how windows did something and broke the Mac side. I am blessed in that I do not have to use any system to dual boot.

PS while you can copy Mac OS where every you want system to system if you transplant a windows hard drive expect everything to blow up. New system Fresh install always.

On the hack that I run as a server, I have never signed in to iCloud and it doesn't bug me at all.

Screenshot 2024-02-04 at 9.17.36 PM.png

I have also not seen any articles instructing users how to stop macOS advertisements.

Fortunately, Windows has never screwed up macOS on me.

Yes, I've done clean Windows installs and have had to go through the process of hunting down dozens of drivers and gone through all the reboots. It's something that can easily take all day. The one thing that I do think that Microsoft did right was with the Windows license. Once it has been registered, you don't have to re-enter it on a clean install.

On the hack that I run as a server, I have never signed in to iCloud and it doesn't bug me at all.

I have also not seen any articles instructing users how to stop macOS advertisements.

Fortunately, Windows has never screwed up macOS on me.

Yes, I've done clean Windows installs and have had to go through the process of hunting down dozens of drivers and gone through all the reboots. It's something that can easily take all day. The one thing that I do think that Microsoft did right was with the Windows license. Once it has been registered, you don't have to re-enter it on a clean install.
You must have disabled it long ago and forgot.

I changed to Mac Long ago but was a avid windows user in fact when I worked at Earthlink (90's internet provider) I refused to trouble shoot macs unless they paid me more because I did not want to use them. That said I would rate them about the same difficulty to install. Windows is made to run on X86/64 hardware but everything outside the CPU is unsupported hardware and can throw a wrench in the process. Just the same on a Hack getting a slightly different bios on a video card can throw a wrench in the process. I built a new system for a new employee a few months back It took me just over 2.5/hrs including installing all softwares.

Scouring drivers on the internet in the 90's was difficult today should take no more then 30 mins to get the drivers from the manufacture.

You must have disabled it long ago and forgot.

I changed to Mac Long ago but was a avid windows user in fact when I worked at Earthlink (90's internet provider) I refused to trouble shoot macs unless they paid me more because I did not want to use them. That said I would rate them about the same difficulty to install. Windows is made to run on X86/64 hardware but everything outside the CPU is unsupported hardware and can throw a wrench in the process. Just the same on a Hack getting a slightly different bios on a video card can throw a wrench in the process. I built a new system for a new employee a few months back It took me just over 2.5/hrs including installing all softwares.

Scouring drivers on the internet in the 90's was difficult today should take no more then 30 mins to get the drivers from the manufacture.

I don't remember if I had to disable iCloud stuff. It's just been sitting there running 24/7 until there are software updates to perform.

I remember Earthlink. I used them for cable internet for a few years.

I can't say how clean Windows installs are nowadays. I haven't really done it in a while. I'm just speaking from my experiences in the past and it was never a pleasant, smooth experience. In contrast, I install macOS or Linux and once done, it's good to go. No need to install additional drivers after the OS installation.

Back