Contribute
Register

Fonts look horrible - 10.11.5 - HD530 - U3415W

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm, can you take a couple of regular screenshots instead? Not zoomed in or anything, just a screenshot of your entire desktop.
Hi, did you solve the problem?

gave up on hackintosh because of the image on other monitores, tried hdmi, dvi dp and minidp, image suck :(

gave up on hackintosh because of the image on other monitores, tried hdmi, dvi dp and minidp, image suck :(
You need to put up your machine profile, so that people can offer suggestions.

You need to put up your machine profile, so that people can offer suggestions.

i dont use my t460s display,
i use 2 external monitors connected to DVI and miniDP

i have 2 samsung 24" s24e450

what are the settings you advise me ?

So, just upgraded from an Acer 23" 1920x1080 w/HDMI <--> HDMI to a much higher end Asus 27" PB277 2560x1440 on my 2014 Mac Mini (Macmini7,1 Intel i5) (Intel Iris graphics 1.5GB).

Here's my wisdom:
  • HDMI port on the mini is v1.0, meaning 1920x1080 @60Hz only. The data bandwidth just isn't there. There's HDMI 1.1, 1.2, etc, argh!
  • Thunderbolt to DisplayPort (I think they're the same protocol) goes up to the 2560x1440 @75Hz giving the desired result
  • Fonts looked terribly choppy UNTIL...
  • Through monitor's hardware settings, I turned the VividPixel feature DOWN from 100% to 25%. Now all is beautiful!
  • Font smoothing setting through defaults had no apparent effect, left the setting on in General.
  • Tangentially, spend the extra money on full 3D adjustability -- this monitor stand has 8" height, face rotation 180 deg, tilt, and 360 swivel. Very thoughtful. And hardware menu is very nice.

I have been searching for a solution to this for ages. Turned out to be the generic 3 meter DVI cable I was using.
I tried a shorter and better quality one and guess what? It works perfectly now. Wish I had started with the one supplied with the monitor.
lmfaoo tysm you're a goat. Changed HDMI1 to HDMI2 and BOOM! Been trying to look for a solution for ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back