Contribute
Register

Flickering in Chrome & in Safari tabs bar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, everyone!

I'm loving my Sierra installation. However, I have one peculiar problem. Safari works great, and everything is fine and dandy, except when you drag your cursor over the tab bar. It creates a sort of artifacting effect.

What's also very interesting is that my favourite browser, Chrome, experiences this effect far more. It's really unusable - everything flickers violently to white and back.

This is a bit hard to describe, so I've added a gif. Unfortunately, I had to record my screen with a phone instead of a screen recorder, but you can see the effect none-the-less.

I have the NVIDIA web drivers installed and working - is there anything else I can do? I thoroughly appreciate any response :)

Attachments

• VideoExample.mp4.zip
    33.9 MB · Views: 281
Please read the rules.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Please read the rules.

Hey guys,

I facing literally the same problem. Everything else seems to be working fine, but when i run stuff on safari chrome or even whatsapp (web messaging app) this flickering starts like shown in the above clip. Im running a 1060 3Gb EVGA SC and have the Nvidia web drivers installed. I did however let UniBeast inject web drivers during the install process as instructed in Ammulder's guide (i read somewhere that i shouldn't have). Please let me know if you need any information regarding my setup process, I have attached my config.plist file below.

Thanks a ton,

Attachments

• config.plist
    7 KB · Views: 247
I have attached my config.plist file below.
Your config.plist is badly wrong.
If you are using Nvidia graphics why are you injecting Intel and using an Intel ig-platform-id (0x19120000) ?
You have failed to fully disable SIP - CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67 not 0x3.
Your MacPro3,1 system definition does not qualify for Sierra.
InjectKexts should be Detect not Yes.
You should set NvidiaWeb = true.

With a 100 series motherboard you should emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6

Your config.plist is badly wrong.
If you are using Nvidia graphics why are you injecting Intel and using an Intel ig-platform-id (0x19120000) ?
You have failed to fully disable SIP - CsrActiveConfig should be 0x67 not 0x3.
Your MacPro3,1 system definition does not qualify for Sierra.
InjectKexts should be Detect not Yes.
You should set NvidiaWeb = true.

With a 100 series motherboard you should emulate native NVRAM - Problem 6

Im sorry my configuration on my profile is incorrect. I started off by installing El Capitan and was to update to sierra as soon as i got my problems fixed. I followed through with the changes on the injectKexts and CsrActiveConfig, but couldn't find the NvidiaWeb entry you spoke of.

Under graphics, should i be making changes to the Nvidia and Intel entries? (setting intel to false and Nvidia to true)
Also what do I do with Intel ig-platform-id (0x19120000)? Am i to remove it from the config entirely?

Again, thanks a million for all the help. Im well out of my depth.

Last edited:
I started off by installing El Capitan and was to update to sierra as soon as i got my problems fixed.
If you are running El Capitan then your Pascal graphics card will not work even with the web drivers as support does not start until 10.12.4.
It would also mean that you are posting in the wrong forum as this is for Sierra.

If you are running El Capitan then your Pascal graphics card will not work even with the web drivers as support does not start until 10.12.4.
It would also mean that you are posting in the wrong forum as this is for Sierra.

Ouch Im so sorry. So in that case am I good to update to Sierra such that i can deal with this then? You did mention my config isn't correct for sierra; is there anything i can fix? Thanks

I followed through with the changes on the injectKexts and CsrActiveConfig, but couldn't find the NvidiaWeb entry you spoke of.
It is of no consequence if you are running El Capitan.
NvidiaWeb = true as per Link

Under graphics, should i be making changes to the Nvidia and Intel entries? (setting intel to false and Nvidia to true)
Injecting Intel or Nvidia are both wrong.

Also what do I do with Intel ig-platform-id (0x19120000)? Am i to remove it from the config entirely?
Consider using Clover Configurator to help you to edit your config.plist.

You cannot install Sierra with a MacPro3,1 system definition.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back