CPU
Intel Core i5-7500 @ 3,41 GHz
Graphics
EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB VRAM
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have a monitor connected to my GTX 960 graphics card thru DVI-D and my second monitor connected to my processors (i5-7500) integrated graphics thru VGA. My main monitor is working perfectly smooth, but my second monitor isn't. In applications like Chrome and Spotify the screen is flickering as hell. Any ideas how to fix this? Already tried installing Intel HD Graphics 6XX drivers thru Multibeast. Thanks!

It is because, as I read from other tonymacx86.com posts/comments, VGA is not compatible. If you have other ports for monitors/TVs on your motherboard, you can use them.

will it work if i buy a DVI-D to VGA cable? (there is also a DVI-D port on my mobo)

will it work if i buy a DVI-D to VGA cable? (there is also a DVI-D port on my mobo)

Get an active DisplayPort > VGA adaptor or change your second monitor for one that is capable of using a digital signal. Passive adaptors do not work - Apple have not used VGA for over ten years.

Just found out that my screen does work normally if i set Mac to grayscale only. Is this also because of VGA? Isn't there a option to disable GPU acceleration to test if that helps? My main screen was flickering in Chrome in the first place but after disabling Hardware acceleration in Chrome it disappeard.

Just found out that my screen does work normally if i set Mac to grayscale only. Is this also because of VGA? Isn't there a option to disable GPU acceleration to test if that helps? My main screen was flickering in Chrome in the first place but after disabling Hardware acceleration in Chrome it disappeard.

Also, it does work in some applications. I see flickering in Chrome and Spotify, but not in applications like Safari, XCode and System Properties. Can't be VGA than, can it?

Also, it does work in some applications. I see flickering in Chrome and Spotify, but not in applications like Safari, XCode and System Properties. Can't be VGA than, can it?

Got no idea what your hardware is because you didn't follow the rules and fill out your profile.

RULES said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Sorry, new to this forum. Will do that in a sec. For now :
Intel Core Kaby-Lake i5-7500
2x Kingston HyperX Black 8GB
Nvidia Geforce GTX 960 4GB
ASUS B150M-Plus D3

Main monitor: MD 20094
Second monitor: I have no idea, very old, only VGA input.

Why Analog port not work, in 10.12.x use ig-platform-id 0x193B0005, it work. It also has advantages, easier for multi monitors setup, can support different ratio monitors, like 21:9 + 16:9 configuration, does not need lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in 10.12.5 when using Analog port for boot up device.

See attached png, it work with 21:9 + 16:9 monitors.

Attachments

• dual display 2.png
    dual display 2.png
    108.8 KB · Views: 148
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back