Contribute
Register

Fixed: how I fix all problems with hd 530 with sierra: I need recomendation for sierra with gt 740

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-Gaming 3-EU
CPU
i7 9700k
Graphics
intel hd560
Hi everyone, I first want to thank tonymac and the forum for the great work they do.
after so many problems I am having after installing sierra, first with 530 hd glitch, not wake after sleep, no hdmi audio, I think buying a gt 740 could solve all these problems.
Could someone tell me if the graphics card solved?
it's compatible this card with hackintosh and cuda drivers?
the vga port will work?
I need the vga port because I work with dual monitor and my one of my monitor`s is a old LG W1942S with vga input
sorry for my English my native language is Spanish
this is the card i´m thinking about to buy
gigabyte gt 740
specs of my pc
- gigabyte ga-z170x-gaming 3
- intel i7 6700k
-intel hd 530
-16gb of ram
-samsung 750 evo 250gb
thanks for your help
best regards for everyone

Sierra has 0 support for VGA connections. You don't want to use one. That alone can create many problems. Instead of buying a 740 spend the money on a monitor with HDMI or DVI inputs.

Here's a good quality IPS monitor with HDMI input you could use with the HD 530.

https://www.amazon.es/dp/B01G1M5B0E/?tag=tonymacx86c03-21

Last edited:
Okey, but like I say before I have some problems with the hd 530, I already fix the glitch but for the moment I see no body fine a solution for the other's.
I already have a hdmi monitor so I think I can survive without the second monitor,
Can you recommend a cheap card with equivalent or even better than hd 530 to solve these problems?

thanks for the recomendation, I just mean about 100/150€ but anyway I answered myself.
I just remembered I have a old gt 630 so i put on it and surprise! all is fixed, get audio by hdmi, no glitches, wake after sleep, everything working for the moment the only "problem" is only reconice 1gb on gpram and it's 2gb but it's okey.
by the way vga work perfect.
I just gonna leave all night runing to see in the morning if wake after a long sleep.
I will tell you tomorow and if it work I think I gonna buy a graphic card.
can anyone recommend some good graphics card with vga output from 100 to 150 €?

Last edited:
Hello, do you have any system freeze? i have the samsung 750 and i think is what making the randomly freeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back