Contribute
Register

[FIXED] HD3000 doesn't seem right w/ GA-Z68A-D3H-B3/i5-2500K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: HD3000 doesn't seem right with GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 / i5-2500K

Hi VM

please find below I've already taken out my property devices for the ethernet/apps, there are also still in the string options for the boot loader screen

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000 darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Blackosx_Button</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

</dict>
</plist>

hope this helps

Dave

Big news is that the DSDT database now has the file for my board's particular BIOS version.

I compared this vs. the one I had and saw considerable differences even in the first few lines.

So, now I'm going down an entirely different avenue. With the board-provided DSDT I can't boot. I'm gonna get that all figured out and will update you guys if there's more to share - good, bad or otherwise! Thanks again!

I can't even believe it! It's WORKING!!!!!!

System profile recognises the HD3000 graphics, YouTube works fine, DVD Player works fine... and even the Finder's menubar is translucent, which I think is an indication of full-on working graphics.

I'm not honestly sure what I did differently because I kept trying and trying again through dozens of reboots. I just tested sleep and couldn't wake - then had some artifacts. So I'll probably keep working on this and also may try to enable HDMI audio.

I do think that the correct DSDT (I must have done something wrong extracting it myself) now that it's available on the tonymacx86 DSDT database is the likely culprit for my sudden success. Thank you all for your suggestions and help along the way. What a great feeling. I've cloned my good build 2x for safe keeping!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back