Contribute
Register

[FIX] "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" with dual-GPU

@RehabMan after patching my ssdt to disable my optimus on my laptop using ur guide my laptop wont sleep anymore on high sierra and el capitan,,do u have a guide to fix it?tia

how to check if nvidia is disabled via ioreg or any other method after booting in mac os high sierra except system info graphics?
I know nvidia is not showing in system graphics info. just wanted to verify if its disabled via spoofing or DSDT patching.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong thread to post this but I'm using Acer E5-547G(i5 6500U 4gb ram Intel HD520 and Geforce 920M). I've installed 10.12.6 and have everything working. I need Geforce 920M disabled to get good battery and brightness fixed. I'm pleading with @RehabMan or any other person here to help with this feat. I'm very limited when it comes to SSDT and DSDT editing so I'm just going to upload the necessary files so you can help me. Thanks in advance.

P.S I pressed F4 on clover boot menu before compressing the EFI folder. Saved ioreg too.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.3 MB · Views: 173
  • Andrew’s MacBook Pro.zip
    497.1 KB · Views: 71
i know its

i know off topic, but even disable or spoof discrete graphics, how to know if device is switched off or DiscreteSpoof from os? which command can verify?

Post to appropriate thread with problem reporting files.

I don't know the half of what these are saying but I think i've been able to disassemble the files but don't know what to do next. Where exactly will I disable nvidia? The guide says to rename GFX0 to IGPU but upon searching gfx0 in MACiASL the results was alot of gfx0. Do I rename all? Total noob here

I don't know the half of what these are saying but I think i've been able to disassemble the files but don't know what to do next. Where exactly will I disable nvidia? The guide says to rename GFX0 to IGPU but upon searching gfx0 in MACiASL the results was alot of gfx0. Do I rename all? Total noob here

Off-topic here.
Open a separate thread.

Back