Contribute
Register

[Fix] Skylake menu bar glitch fix

While this "fix" does work for the graphics glitch, after I applied it I started having issues with my wifi at 5ghz. It would show briefly and attempt to connect then disappear. Also my audio went away, which could normally be fixed by booting without caches. In Sierra and the latest Clover there is no more "Boot without caches."

Use older Clover that has boot without caches.

Clover configurator also has the option, "system parameters" section has a no caches checkbox.

It probably has no effect, since the option was removed from Clover itself.
Clover Configurator options are not a good indication of actual Clover features.

I don't get how to use this fix, would anyone tell me step by step by step what to do? i Really don't understand.

I don't get how to use this fix, would anyone tell me step by step by step what to do? i Really don't understand.

Use a plist editor and copy/paste to bring the required entries into your own config.plist.

Hey everyone, I've looked all over and tried a bunch of different combinations of patches, including this one. I've installed the Multibeast 530 patch as well, but it does not work. The Intel HD 530 shows up under Graphics with the full acceleration, but it is not being used. Instead, under "About my Mac," another thing called "Display 7 mb" is being used. I've attached pictures and the config.plist I'm using. How do I get this to work?

Attachments

• Display7mb.png
    Display7mb.png
    107.5 KB · Views: 169
  • HD350.png
    HD350.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 149
  • config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 218
Hey everyone, I've looked all over and tried a bunch of different combinations of patches, including this one. I've installed the Multibeast 530 patch as well, but it does not work. The Intel HD 530 shows up under Graphics with the full acceleration, but it is not being used. Instead, under "About my Mac," another thing called "Display 7 mb" is being used. I've attached pictures and the config.plist I'm using. How do I get this to work?

Which laptop do you have? There is no laptop indicated in your profile.

Sorry, I didn't see that this was under the laptop forum. My bad. I am actually using a PC.

Sorry, I didn't see that this was under the laptop forum. My bad. I am actually using a PC.

There is a separate/similar thread for desktop builds in the Graphics forum.

Use a plist editor and copy/paste to bring the required entries into your own config.plist.

i seem not to copy/paste what and where i should in my config.plist, i always managed to make it unbootable, would you mind helping me out please? i'll attach my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.2 KB · Views: 148
Back