Contribute
Register

[Fix] Skylake menu bar glitch fix

I'm wondering if I can add those Skylake glitch fix-V3 patches to my config.plist even if I'm actually using 10.13.
The reason why I'd do that, is because I'd like to have the same config.plist when booting 10.12 or 10.13,
so, would those patch do any harm to 10.13?
or maybe I could add a "MatchOS" key to each of them? would "MatchOS" work for "Device"->"AddProperties" tree too, or does it only work for "KextToPatch" entries?

I'm wondering if I can add those Skylake glitch fix-V3 patches to my config.plist even if I'm actually using 10.13.
The reason why I'd do that, is because I'd like to have the same config.plist when booting 10.12 or 10.13,
so, would those patch do any harm to 10.13?
or maybe I could add a "MatchOS" key to each of them? would "MatchOS" work for "Device"->"AddProperties" tree too, or does it only work for "KextToPatch" entries?

This particular fix was long ago fixed in the framebuffer kext Info.plist.
No longer necessary.
Adding them when not needed has no effect.

This particular fix was long ago fixed in the framebuffer kext Info.plist.
No longer necessary.
Adding them when not needed has no effect.

ok, is the same true for the Sierra boot glitch patch (intel HD520)? I mean, is it fixed elsewhere now or I would still need the patch for Sierra?
I've read that on High Sierra, Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext would fix that, but is the same true for Sierra too?

ok, is the same true for the Sierra boot glitch patch (intel HD520)? I mean, is it fixed elsewhere now or I would still need the patch for Sierra?
I've read that on High Sierra, Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext would fix that, but is the same true for Sierra too?

Off-topic.

Off-topic. This forum is only for laptops.
Hi,

Passing thru the forum I saw a few posts with grateful people quoting your name @RehabMan .
I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro ( Bios menu like my precision laptop), as well with HD 530.
Can I post doubts here?

Thank you

Attachments

• Optiplex 7040 Micro.jpg
    Optiplex 7040 Micro.jpg
    287 KB · Views: 92
Hi,

Passing thru the forum I saw a few posts with grateful people quoting your name @RehabMan .
I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 Micro ( Bios menu like my precision laptop), as well with HD 530.
Can I post doubts here?

Thank you

Hi there.

@RehabMan hasn't been active on the site for nearly 2-years and we don't expect a return at present.

Please post about any problems, or guidance offered, in a new thread in the appropriate macOS version forum.

Or if you have a specific problem with hardware, then check our Forum/Post Installation in the desktops section.

:)

Back