Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Could be that power management is implemented incorrectly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Also, make sure you have vanilla OpenCL dylib. Do a fresh install if in doubt.

Keep in mind translucency is very subtle in Yosemite.

Thanks. Yes i know translucent is very subtle. I had this system Dunning well two days ago. The problem was upgrading to 10.10.2... It messed up my system and i have no knowledge to install clover and manage it. I'm currently reading your posts about how to patch files and how to install clover, but is early yet for me to do so without issues.
So i have installed nullpowermanagement. Do you recomend it? Are you talking about Appleintelpowermanagement.kext?

Thanks. Yes i know translucent is very subtle. I had this system Dunning well two days ago. The problem was upgrading to 10.10.2...

In a previous post you claimed you didn't upgrade to 10.10.2.

Upgrading to 10.10.2 is no problem. Just follow the instructions in post #1.

So i have installed nullpowermanagement. Do you recomend it? Are you talking about Appleintelpowermanagement.kext?

Please read the power management guide.

Repair permissions. Reboot without caches. Rebuild cache. Reboot.

If not working, make sure you have vanilla kexts installed, and no clover patches for AppleIntelHD5000Graphics.kext.

Do a fresh install if necessary.

I updated to yosemite 10.10.2 from 10.10.1; Im using Intel HD 4600, my graphics was fine but now its full of glitches. i followed the steps in post #1:
1. Removed existing patches to AppleIntelHD5000Graphics and libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib
2. Installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext using Clover
3. I
nserted a fakeid and platform-id using clover.

The system detects my graphics card (with 1536MB), so it seems either QE or CI isnt working.

What have i missed?

I updated to yosemite 10.10.2 from 10.10.1; Im using Intel HD 4600, my graphics was fine but now its full of glitches. i followed the steps in post #1:
1. Removed existing patches to AppleIntelHD5000Graphics and libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib
2. Installed FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext using Clover
3. I
nserted a fakeid and platform-id using clover.

The system detects my graphics card (with 1536MB), so it seems either QE or CI isnt working.

What have i missed?

FIXED
Somehow clover was not inserting the kexts, I moved them to /System/Library/Extensions and it has worked

It has been quite a while since I have been working with non hackingtoshes, except for my souped up late 2006 iMac that is.

When I got my W230SS the first thing I did was make backup of the BIOS, patched it up to enable basically all options and yes I know there is Prema for Clevo's but I rather do stuff like this myself.

So now I have OS X running, previously without FakeID kexts as it was working "fine" with my own patches or better yet it behaved exactly the same.

So now why did I go here? Well I hit a snag and it is getting pretty late (six in the morning atm) so I figured it never hurts to ask as I really need to sleep asap...

My laptop has a 1440p screen and all resolutions up to 2048x1152 work fine, except 2560x1440 it looks like a v/h-sync issue but could very well be a frame buffer issue too. The screen is flickering badly and shows an interlaced overlay from 1/4th top/down (so two cursors).

Before I gave FakeID a go it would be "more consistent" as there would be no maddening flickering and no horizontal offset just the vertical offset plus interlaced overlay.

I have not tried changing ig-platform-id yet, will test those when I wake up. 0x04160000 seems to be the correct one for a HD4600 mobile?

Any other toughts?

PS: I have not done any DSDT/SSDT patching yet, that will be up next after more experiments and incorporating final DSDT/SSDT fixes in the BIOS.

Attachments

• MacBook Air.zip
    394.8 KB · Views: 102
It has been quite a while since I have been working with non hackingtoshes, except for my souped up late 2006 iMac that is.

When I got my W230SS the first thing I did was make backup of the BIOS, patched it up to enable basically all options and yes I know there is Prema for Clevo's but I rather do stuff like this myself.

So now I have OS X running, previously without FakeID kexts as it was working "fine" with my own patches or better yet it behaved exactly the same.

So now why did I go here? Well I hit a snag and it is getting pretty late (six in the morning atm) so I figured it never hurts to ask as I really need to sleep asap...

My laptop has a 1440p screen and all resolutions up to 2048x1152 work fine, except 2560x1440 it looks like a v/h-sync issue but could very well be a frame buffer issue too. The screen is flickering badly and shows an interlaced overlay from 1/4th top/down (so two cursors).

Before I gave FakeID a go it would be "more consistent" as there would be no maddening flickering and no horizontal offset just the vertical offset plus interlaced overlay.

I have not tried changing ig-platform-id yet, will test those when I wake up. 0x04160000 seems to be the correct one for a HD4600 mobile?

Any other toughts?

PS: I have not done any DSDT/SSDT patching yet, that will be up next after more experiments and incorporating final DSDT/SSDT fixes in the BIOS.

What is the native resolution of your display?

And 0x04160000 is not a commonly used ig-platform-id. Don't confuse platform-id with device-id. You can always try various ids to see which ones work the best, but there is no correlation between device-id and platform-id.

What is the native resolution of your display?

And 0x04160000 is not a commonly used ig-platform-id. Don't confuse platform-id with device-id. You can always try various ids to see which ones work the best, but there is no correlation between device-id and platform-id.

I was looking at the list of framebuffers patched with https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh/blob/master/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh and I noticed one thing that with a 1024Mb framebuffer the native resolution of 2560x1440 always works and with 1538Mb it is always scrambled. I tried every possible platform-id on that list.

The only problem is when the login window is shown the framebuffer is corrupted and the screen does not show properly, but after logging in I switch the resolution back and forth and it is perfect.

I also to fake other device ID's, they all work as long as I restrict the framebuffer to 1024Mb and all have the same result regarding the first initialization of loginmanager.

I was looking at the list of framebuffers patched with https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh/blob/master/AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.sh and I noticed one thing that with a 1024Mb framebuffer the native resolution of 2560x1440 always works and with 1538Mb it is always scrambled. I tried every possible platform-id on that list.

The only problem is when the login window is shown the framebuffer is corrupted and the screen does not show properly, but after logging in I switch the resolution back and forth and it is perfect.

I also to fake other device ID's, they all work as long as I restrict the framebuffer to 1024Mb and all have the same result regarding the first initialization of loginmanager.

The only way to know for sure is to patch a platform-id that has 1536 with 1024. Then you'll know if that is the key variable or not. It is very easy to patch/experiment with Clover config.plist KextsToPatch.

Back