Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

@the-darkvoid

great post!

So, i wonder if you can help me about a problem i'm
having with intel hd 4400 QE/CI.
I got everything working on 10.10.1 except translucent dock bar and menu bar. I'm using chameleon and i've used all flags related to my graphics like:
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>0600260a</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>12</string>

but still no QE/CI fully working... What's the problem?

My "About Mac thing" sais everything is alright, with fully recognizable graphics: Intel HD 4400 with 1536 mb....

Captura de ecrã 2015-02-4, às 19.15.41.png

I've done the OpenGL patch you mention months ago and i have no graphic glitches also... so, i'm a little confused right now. Can you help me please?

Here is my ioreg file: View attachment MacBook Pro de Jorge.ioreg

Thnx in advance.

Rehabman, can you see post #790, please?

I've messed up my system when i tried to install the 10.10.2.... so, i made a fresh install and i'm unable to put my system run smoothly as before...
What's wrong?
Any help is appreciated.

@the-darkvoid

great post!

So, i wonder if you can help me about a problem i'm
having with intel hd 4400 QE/CI.
I got everything working on 10.10.1 except translucent dock bar and menu bar. I'm using chameleon and i've used all flags related to my graphics like:
<key>InjectIntel-ig</key>
<string>0600260a</string>
<key>IntelAzulFB</key>
<string>12</string>

but still no QE/CI fully working... What's the problem?

My "About Mac thing" sais everything is alright, with fully recognizable graphics: Intel HD 4400 with 1536 mb....

View attachment 125217

I've done the OpenGL patch you mention months ago and i have no graphic glitches also... so, i'm a little confused right now. Can you help me please?

Here is my ioreg file: View attachment 125219

Thnx in advance.

Read post #1. You need a DSDT patch to inject device-id 0x0412.

Read post #1. You need a DSDT patch to inject device-id 0x0412.

Even on yosemite 10.10.1!? I thought they changed only on 10.10.2...

That's why i'm begging for help. I'm using Yosemite 10.10.1...

What is the issue? Your ioreg shows both Azul/HD5000 kexts loading. But you are lacking FakePCIID as described in post #1. Keep in mind that the OpenCL dylib should be left unpatched.

You will need to inject device-id 0x0412 for updating to 10.10.2.

Rehabman,
i'm Not trying to upgrade to 10.10.2... I wanna stay with 10.10.1... So i can continue using chameleon. So, if eveeything should work well why i can't see videos and i have no ttanslucent dock bar and menu bar!? I have all the flags needed on chameleon boot plist....

Rehabman,
i'm Not trying to upgrade to 10.10.2... I wanna stay with 10.10.1... So i can continue using chameleon. So, if eveeything should work well why i can't see videos and i have no ttanslucent dock bar and menu bar!? I have all the flags needed on chameleon boot plist....

Could be that power management is implemented incorrectly: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/146870-guide-native-power-management-laptops.html

Also, make sure you have vanilla OpenCL dylib. Do a fresh install if in doubt.

Keep in mind translucency is very subtle in Yosemite.

Back