Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

You need kexts that have NOT been patched for the unsupported device-ids. You can use vanilla kexts for this guide.

i've install following guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-desktop-guides/144426-how-install-os-x-yosemite-using-clover.html

then i patch #1 Thread
but after patch Mac can't start

Code:
[COLOR=#0000FF][FONT=Open Sans]waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000FF][FONT=Open Sans]WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000FF][FONT=Open Sans]— power management may be incomplete or unsupported[/FONT][/COLOR]

then i path do follow :
Code:
[COLOR=#3E3E3E]But you broke power management. Since this is a desktop: [/COLOR][URL="http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-desktop-support/128926-mavericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html"]http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-...anagement.html[/URL]

then boot log :
Code:
Apple16X50UARTSync1: Detected 16550AF/C/CF/FIFO=16 MaxBaud=115200
IOPPF - Found another boot volume.IOPPF: XCPM mode
X86PlatformShim::sendStates success !
then freezed, it can start with usb boot loader only

To @the-darkvoid @RehabMan

Ok so i have HD4600 graphics. I tried the fix posted in OP. It works pretty well with both CI/QE enabled.

I installed FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext (Debug versions). I am using this ig-platform-id, 0x0a260006 and 9 mb framebuffer patches (for removing Menu Bar glitch).

But there are glitches that comes after the display goes off (manually turning display off, after screen saver or wake up from sleep). Problems:

1. Graphics problem. Crippled graphics with gradients (as if it is 16-bit colour) in all translucent areas (Notification centre and Launchpad for example)
2. Restart problem. After restart the display is off. Only black screen no boot menu or screen.

I have a Lenevo Y510p Ideapad and i see same problem in all models. Also Y410p seems to have this problem.

The problem is very well stated in this post
Y410p reference here

Also i did a fresh install 2 times but the problem is still there. Attached are all the files needed. Thanks.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 69
  • IOReg.zip
    435.9 KB · Views: 78
  • FakePCIID Log.log.zip
    979 bytes · Views: 67
  • Patched ACPI Tables.zip
    32.7 KB · Views: 78
But there are glitches that comes after the display goes off (manually turning display off, after screen saver or wake up from sleep). Problems:

1. Graphics problem. Crippled graphics with gradients (as if it is 16-bit colour) in all translucent areas (Notification centre and Launchpad for example)
2. Restart problem. After restart the display is off. Only black screen no boot menu or screen.

Yosemite must be initializing something in the graphics chip that is not compatible with your hardware.

It would only have an effect on post-wake, as the drivers initialization at startup is incomplete, relying on certain parameters already set by the Apple firmware (this is the cause of brightness not working without PNLF/ACPIBacklight.kext, for example). On post-wake, the drivers must do a complete initialize of the hardware since it is recovering from a power off situation but there is no firmware to "help" with initialization.

If you could determine what is different you could likely initialize those registers in DSDT (PNLF._BCM, or _WAK).

.....as the drivers initialization at startup is incomplete.....

Is it normal?

.....If you could determine what is different you could likely initialize those registers in DSDT (PNLF._BCM, or _WAK)......

I don't know how to do that. Can you give me an example or point me to a guide maybe?

Also nothing related to PNLF or _BCM in my DSDT. Only in SSDT-3.

Is it normal?

Yes. Think of it from Apple's perspective. They know what their firmware does. They know it initializes things in a particular way. The drivers can thus be optimized such that those things are not reinitialized at startup, making startup faster (probably not significantly so, but...). Upon wake, they know that a full initialization must be done because the hardware is in its raw state after the power cycle.

So... two problems (for hacks):
- the initial state provided by BIOS may not match what the OS X drivers expect
- the initialization provided by the drivers after a sleep/wake cycle may not be appropriate for your hack hardware configuration (Note: this can also cause problems for your BIOS on a restart after sleep/wake)

I don't know how to do that. Can you give me an example or point me to a guide maybe?

You would have to read the Intel specs on the graphics hardware and start dumping registers from DSDT. You can use ACPIDebug.kext to do it. But you really need to have some programming experience.

There is some information on the graphics hardware here: https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/driver-documentation-prms

Also nothing related to PNLF or _BCM in my DSDT. Only in SSDT-3.

_BCM is a method in my PNLF patch for backlight control. Generally, the Intel graphics device is defined in an SSDT for newer systems, although it can also be in DSDT. No matter... it is all ACPI.

....(Note: this can also cause problems for your BIOS on a restart after sleep/wake)...

So you mean this is risky with a chance of bricking my laptop?

....You would have to read the Intel specs on the graphics hardware and start dumping registers from DSDT. You can use ACPIDebug.kext to do it. But you really need to have some programming experience.

There is some information on the graphics hardware here: https://01.org/linuxgraphics/documentation/driver-documentation-prms

This seems a little tough. I do have a good programming knowledge (i'm no expert) but nothing related to ACPI. But i'll try and let you know.

It would only have an effect on post-wake, as the drivers initialization at startup is incomplete, relying on certain parameters already set by the Apple firmware (this is the cause of brightness not working without PNLF/ACPIBacklight.kext, for example). On post-wake, the drivers must do a complete initialize of the hardware since it is recovering from a power off situation but there is no firmware to "help" with initialization.

Also, pardon me for asking this or doubting you, but are you sure that's the cause of my problem?

So you mean this is risky with a chance of bricking my laptop?

No. It explains your black screen on restart after sleep/wake.

This seems a little tough. I do have a good programming knowledge (i'm no expert) but nothing related to ACPI. But i'll try and let you know.

Something to learn about...

Also, pardon me for asking this or doubting you, but are you sure that's the cause of my problem?

Just a theory. You can never be sure with hackintosh. But... my theory explains your results. The same theory explains why backlight control without PNLF patch and ACPIBacklight.kext does not work. That much is confirmed.

@RehabMan:

Since the insanelymac domain seems to be down and i can't PM you i'lll just reply here.

It seems that screen saver prefs doesn't respect my settings. I changed the screen saver time from never to 1 min and it did not activate after 1 min. I had to reboot to actually register that setting.

Coming to the point, the screen saver doesn't seem to affect the display problem. Simply stated, the screensaver works as usual and no graphics glitch whatsoever occurred.

I do however noticed some missing sharpness (or you can say 16-bit gradient barely visible) in my login screen. It's always there. But i can notice it in login screen only.

EDIT: Its also visible in launchpad. Barely but it is present.

Back