Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

thanks rehabman, I can't wait to try it in the evening. :)

FYI: We have confirmation that it works for HD4400 desktop...

Confirmed by tonymacx86 himself on his HD4400 hardware.

i dont see it in your signature :( Must know more!

Credit to Rehabman for bringing these new kexts to my attention. I used IGPDeviceID=0412 with fully default setup using Chimera/MultiBeast and installed the 2 FakePCI kexts:

FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400.kext
FakePCIID.kext

Here's the test hardware: ASRock Z97E-ITX - i3-4150

And photos:

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 3.48.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-21 at 3.49.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-01-21 at 3.55.19 PM.png

This ioreg still shows VoodooHDA installed.

Here I have without VoodooHDA. FakePCIID and FakePCIID_HD4600_HD4400 are in clover.

I removed ig-platform-id and IntelGFX from clover and put again and nothing.

Intel HD Graphics 4400 1024 MB shows up in this mac.

All the time I have a problem with hdmi.

EDIT:

I have something new. I removed all DSDT/SSDT from clover and ig-platform-id. My dell is blocking when loading but when I plug in HDMI I can see something like this.

EDIT2:

Yes, I made it!

Hdmi works. I put fake kext to S/L/E. In clover only ig-platform-id and I remove DSDT/SSDT.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    34.8 KB · Views: 81
  • mac.ioreg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1606.jpg
    IMG_1606.jpg
    758.7 KB · Views: 104
EDIT2:

Yes, I made it!

Hdmi works. I put fake kext to S/L/E. In clover only ig-platform-id and I remove DSDT/SSDT.

So... there is something wrong in your patched DSDT/SSDTs...

So... there is something wrong in your patched DSDT/SSDTs...

I really do not know. I'm happy that it works. Unfortunately, there were other problems. I don't have audio on my TV and now I have problem with Preview (gery image or stop working when zooming). Still something is wrong with my graphics.

I really do not know. I'm happy that it works. Unfortunately, there were other problems. I don't have audio on my TV and now I have problem with Preview (gery image or stop working when zooming). Still something is wrong with my graphics.

It sounds like either:
- you don't have the new FakePCIID solution implemented (post #1)
- or you have a patched OpenCL dylib (restore it to vanilla)

Updated the first post with instructions for the Intel HD4400 desktop card as reported by tonymacx86.

Updated the first post with instructions for the Intel HD4400 desktop card as reported by tonymacx86.

The DSDT patches have syntax issues. They are missing the backslash before the 'n' at the end of each line.

Note: Chimera users can use IGPDeviceID=0412 to set the fake device-id.

Back