Contribute
Register

[Fix] Intel HD4200/HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

[FIX] Intel HD4400/HD4600 Mobile on Yosemite

Intel HD4400 Mobile

For Intel HD4400 (8086:0a16) execute the following command (Credits vbo):

Code:
# Patch libCLVMIGILPlugin for HD4400 OpenCL / OpenGL
sudo perl -i.bak -pe 's|([\xFF\xFC\x3D])\x86\x80\x12\x04|$1\x86\x80\x16\x0A|sg' /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

sudo codesign -f -s - /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib

Hello all,

how can i convert this "perl patch" for HD4400 to a "clover patch"? is there already any available "clover patch" which i can use immediately?

Hello all,

how can i convert this "perl patch" for HD4400 to a "clover patch"? is there already any available "clover patch" which i can use immediately?

Would be nice, but you can't - it's a patch to a framework (on disk), not the kernelcache (in memory). As far as I can remember, Clover can't modify anything on disk during boot since the filesystem is mounted read only.

Yes, I asked the clover devs about this. Its not possible.

The only way I could think of is writing a kernel driver which modifies the PCI configuration space to spoof the device ID in the device memory space. That would mean no more patching of any kext's is required.

Hello all,

No need for clover patch at all, cause the scheme changed in 10.10.1

No need for clover patch at all, cause the scheme changed in 10.10.1
This wasn't my experience with the update from the apple store. The .1 update overwrote libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib with the original file from 10.10, so the same crashes in preview etc. reappeared. Since it's the same file though (md5 sums match), the patch also still works so it only needed to be reapplied.

This wasn't my experience with the update from the apple store. The .1 update overwrote libCLVMIGILPlugin.dylib with the original file from 10.10, so the same crashes in preview etc. reappeared. Since it's the same file though (md5 sums match), the patch also still works so it only needed to be reapplied.

My mistake for misunderstanding
Code:
([\xFF\xFC\x3D])
in your perl script, thanks for your hard work!

My mistake for misunderstanding
Code:
([\xFF\xFC\x3D])
in your perl script, thanks for your hard work!

No problem, and that's all the-darkvoid's hard work.. I just took his patch and put the HD4400 ID in it :)

Updated the first post as per vbo's feedback that all is working fine after re-applying the dylib patch on 10.10.1.

sineld,

I assume you have a laptop (Otherwise you wouldn't have HD4600 Mobile).

However you are injecting a desktop platform ID.

Additionally you have not applied the clover patches as mentioned in the first post.
Go over the first post in detail and ensure you have all settings as explained.

Back