Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

You have the non-(12) 0105 HDMI-audio patch enabled. It wins over the (12) variant which follows (but is also disabled).

Enable only the patches marked with "(12)" for each 0105 and 0204 for 0x0a260006. Disable other patches.

If I followed you correctly, I enabled patches 7 and 8 and disabled all the other. My new View attachment config.plist
It doesn't work either. As soon as I plug in the HDMI cable my laptop's screen gets black (with backlight ON) and after a few second my pc reboots. If I plug the HDMI cable before I power on my pc on boot loading screen I have the same as before reboot. I booted into verbose and noticed I have the reboot when it loads the graphics card and give me a kernel panic just before the reboot. I can provide you with the kernel panic screenshot if needed.

PS. I tried to uninstall VoodooHDA kext but doesn't seem to affect anything.

If I followed you correctly, I enabled patches 7 and 8 and disabled all the other. My new View attachment 176908
It doesn't work either. As soon as I plug in the HDMI cable my laptop's screen gets black (with backlight ON) and after a few second my pc reboots. If I plug the HDMI cable before I power on my pc on boot loading screen I have the same as before reboot. I booted into verbose and noticed I have the reboot when it loads the graphics card and give me a kernel panic just before the reboot. I can provide you with the kernel panic screenshot if needed.

PS. I tried to uninstall VoodooHDA kext but doesn't seem to affect anything.

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Here's View attachment ioreg.zip

Also, post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory, especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.
View attachment CLOVER.zip

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

I also extracted View attachment AppleIntelFramebufferAzul.kext.zip from El Capitan installer using Pacifist and reinstalled.
I also reinstalled View attachment VoodooHDA.kext.zip as it's the only way of sound for now and seemed not to have any impact on HDMI.

Here's View attachment 176989

View attachment 176990

Code:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooHDA.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/RealtekRTL8100.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext file:///System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDADisabler.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load

I also extracted View attachment 176991 from El Capitan installer using Pacifist and reinstalled.
I also reinstalled View attachment 176994 as it's the only way of sound for now and seemed not to have any impact on HDMI.

The ioreg shows 0105 not patched for HDMI. You have the 0105(12) patch for 0xa2e0008, not for 0xa260006. You're using 0x0a260006. Read the comments in each patch carefully.

The ioreg shows 0105 not patched for HDMI. You have the 0105(12) patch for 0xa2e0008, not for 0xa260006. You're using 0x0a260006. Read the comments in each patch carefully.

I tried these two combinations but neither worked :/

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 6.48.29 μ.μ..png

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 6.48.51 μ.μ..png

I'm not clairvoyant.

You need to provide the troubleshooting files previously requested.

Note: There is only one correct set of patches. No idea how you come up with "two combinations".

I found a solution and managed to get HDMI video out working. I used patches as you mentioned but I had to reinstall Clover. It seems v2.3K_r3333 of Clover didn't work for me, so I downloaded v2.3K_r3346 and installed for UEFI (on a test USB at first and then on HDD) and everything works. I don't however have HDMI-audio, but I guess this is VoodooHDA's problem and not patching problem.
Anyway thank you for your support and help.

I found a solution and managed to get HDMI video out working. I used patches as you mentioned but I had to reinstall Clover. It seems v2.3K_r3333 of Clover didn't work for me, so I downloaded v2.3K_r3346 and installed for UEFI (on a test USB at first and then on HDD) and everything works. I don't however have HDMI-audio, but I guess this is VoodooHDA's problem and not patching problem.
Anyway thank you for your support and help.

I've seen mixed results with VoodooHDA and HDMI audio. Works on some, not on others.

I use patched AppleHDA instead.

I've seen mixed results with VoodooHDA and HDMI audio. Works on some, not on others.

I use patched AppleHDA instead.

I searched for a patch for my system but didn't find anything. At least on google. I'm using ALC3223.

I searched for a patch for my system but didn't find anything. At least on google. I'm using ALC3223.

Please post audio codec dump from Linux.

ALC3223 is not a helpful identifier (need codec id).

Back