Contribute
Register

[FIX] HD4200/HD4400/HD4600/HD5600 on 10.11+

Hi, I am running El Capitan on an ASUS X550LN notebook. Installed it using Unibeast. Didn't need any additional flags, clover passed and instaled in the first time (I assume that nv_disable=1 was used because this NB has a 840m dedicated GPU)..
Now I cannot have Full QE/CI.

Installed the kexts and copied them to the CLOVER/KEXTS folder. Also, typed 0x0412 on the supposed place at clover configurator. No success.

There are other stuff not working, but I could solve on previous installations. Only the graphics that so far I could not make work.

Please help.

14650556_316111135433635_6380199175485687912_n.jpg

14657436_316111142100301_4553832159263984659_n.jpg

14670818_316111132100302_8588673448193215587_n.jpg

Hi, I am running El Capitan on an ASUS X550LN notebook. Installed it using Unibeast. Didn't need any additional flags, clover passed and instaled in the first time (I assume that nv_disable=1 was used because this NB has a 840m dedicated GPU)..
Now I cannot have Full QE/CI.

Installed the kexts and copied them to the CLOVER/KEXTS folder. Also, typed 0x0412 on the supposed place at clover configurator. No success.

There are other stuff not working, but I could solve on previous installations. Only the graphics that so far I could not make work.

Please help.

View attachment 216983
View attachment 216984
View attachment 216985

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

OK, gonna re-read everything though I could not find anything specifically related to my question, except the list of compatible laptops.

Is there anything more specific you would recommend me to read about the subject?

Thanks!

The suggestion is to follow the Clover guide (that is linked from the first question in the FAQ).
There is only one such Clover guide in the FAQ.
The instructions are not ambiguous.
The guide has correct config.plist files (even though you didn't provide the files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting", it is clear your config.plist is wrong).

The suggestion is to follow the Clover guide (that is linked from the first question in the FAQ).
There is only one such Clover guide in the FAQ.
The instructions are not ambiguous.
The guide has correct config.plist files (even though you didn't provide the files requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting", it is clear your config.plist is wrong).

The progress so far...

- Read the guide, found that, as my card is HD4400 I should use "config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist".
- Only replacing caused it to fail (for some reason, clover won't list HFS+ partitions)
- Tried replacing the strings related to FakeID and Graphics inject on my working config.plist:
- Activated the kernel patches and the progress bar under the apple logo starts running... the screen blinks (which I believe happens everytime the raphics is ok, so I believe it worked, but...) and the bar keeps stuck halfway.
- Tried with -v to understand the problem and it stops on a string that says something related to "NTFS-FS" error..."Windows is hibernated"

And now I don't know where I might be wrong..

Remembering that if I use the config.plist without changes (from Unibeast) it boots OK but with no QE/CI.

Thanks!

Hi Rehabman

It's been a while. Wondering if you could help me out. Installed Sierra successfully on my build. Then installed Windows 10 on another partition on the same HDD. Things went well so far. Managed to get back Clover for dual booting. Although I could boot into Win 10 from Clover, but everytime I try to boot into Sierra the boot screen freezes after a while and throws the prohibitory symbol . When in verbose mode, it says Stiil waiting for root device..

Please help... My system build is in my profile...

The progress so far...

- Read the guide, found that, as my card is HD4400 I should use "config_HD4600_4400_4200.plist".
- Only replacing caused it to fail (for some reason, clover won't list HFS+ partitions)

You forgot HFSPlus.efi. Read the guide carefully.

Hi Rehabman

It's been a while. Wondering if you could help me out. Installed Sierra successfully on my build. Then installed Windows 10 on another partition on the same HDD. Things went well so far. Managed to get back Clover for dual booting. Although I could boot into Win 10 from Clover, but everytime I try to boot into Sierra the boot screen freezes after a while and throws the prohibitory symbol . When in verbose mode, it says Stiil waiting for root device..

Please help... My system build is in my profile...

Off-topic. Open a separate thread.

In that thread...
Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

You forgot HFSPlus.efi. Read the guide carefully.

Sorry. I even read about but didn't get it was applicable to me. Too many details.
Gonna consider now and come back for feedback.

Thanks

EDIT: Now with the driver it seemed to work at first (thank you for that progress!)
Though I now can use 1080p the video seem to glitch frequently. I try an Youtube video and it keeps glitching, so I feel there's is something still missing. I am excited because of being so close! Gonna try others .plist from your pack while I don`t get wisdom from you...

Last edited:
Back