Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
OpenCL+CUDA and power management working!
Checked opening FCP X 10.1.1 ( OpenCL) GPU frequencies raised and throttle down after closing
Checked DaVinci Resolve 10.0.2 (On CUDA) it just works!!!

:headbang:

Seems things are starting to shape up with the gk110b cards now.
I just bit the bullet and ordered the fastest 780 I could find, a Gigabyte 780 GHz Edition, hopefully it will work out fine :D
The GTX 660 has been a great card tho, but I want some more horsepower

I just bought that same card. Upgrading from GTX 480. For those about to rock, we salute you! \m/

Hi davidianis, can you tell me what did you do? I applied the OpenCL workaround, but would love to have OpenCL working without the stuck freq. I have GTX 650.
Did you copy files from Web driver bundle to the OSX native one?

I have 2 x GTX780's (GK110 and GK110b) and finally everything's working thanks to the new Nvidia driver and CUDA update. That's fantastic.
I have a good luxmark score, 2631, but in Final cut x, renders take twice the amount of time as when I'm using only 1 GTX780.
Who can explain this?

Hi davidianis, can you tell me what did you do? I applied the OpenCL workaround, but would love to have OpenCL working without the stuck freq. I have GTX 650.
Did you copy files from Web driver bundle to the OSX native one?

I installed the latest web drivers and update CUDA from the preferences, I haven't copy any files from the bundle, but the weird thing is that OpenCL still a bit buggy, with FCP X works well, but with Luxmark the frequencies get stuck on max, didn't have the time to check with other OpenCL apps.

I have 2 x GTX780's (GK110 and GK110b) and finally everything's working thanks to the new Nvidia driver and CUDA update. That's fantastic.
I have a good luxmark score, 2631, but in Final cut x, renders take twice the amount of time as when I'm using only 1 GTX780.
Who can explain this?

Thats definitely some really mysterious kind of bug! Did you try the performance with for example DaVinci Resolve?

I'm running a GT610. How can I find if this card is a "rev B" one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back