Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i would also like to get the hex code for 10.9.4 MacAndor.. would you pls post it here my gpu is getting just hotter and hotter at idel nowadays its like 45c... really just going to uninstall nvida 334.01.02f02 and go back to block opencl and live with that :)

Hi all!

Here is an UNTESTED patch for 10.9.4, it should be good, but DO NOT attempt without a backup!!!

Please report back on failure/success and info with whether tested with 32 or 64bit apps

Code:
64-bit
Replace: E8DFE30100F6C3057413
   With: E8DFE30100F6C3007413
32-bit
Replace: 8B4508A80574188D8638010000
   With: 8B4508A80074188D8638010000

tested with 32 and 64 bit chrome canary 64bit works great no opencl **** and gpu is around 36 C now although it took a while for you to get back to us mate.. anyway thanks for the fix :)

tested with 32 and 64 bit chrome canary 64bit works great no opencl **** and gpu is around 36 C now although it took a while for you to get back to us mate.. anyway thanks for the fix :)

Yeah, sorry for that, not much free time for hacking around nowadays... I'll try to provide a patch for future updates sooner, but I'm not sure I will be able to test them.

PS.: You wrote that you tested with 32 and 64 bit, and 64 bit works great. What about 32 bit?

Thanks for your patience & help! :)

32bit working as well i guess.. Ut*****t is 32bit and didn't trigger any full load etc.. and luxmark 2.1 shows that there is no opencl device etc.. but to be honest my gpu is still worm like 40-41 c whith safari open 2 windows 2 taps each.. i think my gpu got damaged after using nvidias driver that long to bad.. before it was always around 36 c with many web browser windows.. anyways thanks for your work..
is there a way to find out on my own for future updates how to locate the 32 and 64bit strings or is that a bit hard for newbie..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is a minimal guide on how I found it but this is not really something someone should do without any background knowledge. Bad modification could have different types of consequences.

When I tried to sign the file, terminal would just sit there without anything happening, so obviously in the end it didn't get signed.
Any ideas why it wouldn't sign it?

I tried the signing again this morning, and this time it went alright.
However, now my system is hanging on boot.
Unfortunately, my system has a problem with verbose booting and won't start, even if there's is no problem, so sadly I won't be able to look into why it's failing.
I'm on 10.9.4, using the HEX codes from the previous page. System running stable, with the 780 GTX causing the only issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back