Contribute
Register

Fix for OpenCL crash with GK110B based cards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried the signing again this morning, and this time it went alright.
However, now my system is hanging on boot.
Unfortunately, my system has a problem with verbose booting and won't start, even if there's is no problem, so sadly I won't be able to look into why it's failing.
I'm on 10.9.4, using the HEX codes from the previous page. System running stable, with the 780 GTX causing the only issue.

I tried the signing again this morning, and this time it went alright.
However, now my system is hanging on boot.
Unfortunately, my system has a problem with verbose booting and won't start, even if there's is no problem, so sadly I won't be able to look into why it's failing.
I'm on 10.9.4, using the HEX codes from the previous page. System running stable, with the 780 GTX causing the only issue.

Sad to hear that, were you able to get your system back up?

Yes, simply by replacing the modified file with the backup.
Is that behaviour expected that this one file should prevent the whole system from booting?
I so wished your method would work, since the Nvidia 10.9.4 web driver don't fix the problem for me. There isn't any piece of software that I can't run or find a work around for, but the perfectionist in me would like to see this working! ;)

If there is something wrong then system boot failure in this case is absolutely understandabe, because a lot of system components and apps rely on this framework. I'll try to come up with something on the weekend.

@naujoks

Sorry, but I couldn't really figure out why you would encounter this problem. You could try this to check if you actually have the correct version of the OpenCL binary.

I will assume you have OS X 10.9.4

1. Download the 10.9.4 combo update from apple.com
  2. Download Pacifist from CharlesSoft (or any other tool that can unpackage the installer)
  3. Extract the OpenCL binary from the combo installer to your Desktop
  4. Patch the OpenCL on your Desktop and move it back to /System/....

Don't forget to backup!

hello guys,

i have a gtx 780 with mavericks 10.9.4 but i can't downgrade to 10.9.3 or 10.9.2. Is there another solution for fix the Opencl crashes on mavericks 10.9.4 ?

I tried to use the HEX codes from the previous page but my system crashed on boot.

hello guys,

i have a gtx 780 with mavericks 10.9.4 but i can't downgrade to 10.9.3 or 10.9.2. Is there another solution for fix the Opencl crashes on mavericks 10.9.4 ?

I tried to use the HEX codes from the previous page but my system crashed on boot.

Could you boot into verbose mode and give me some extra info about the crash? Later today or tomorrow i will need to update to 10.9.4 myself, so i will doublecheck my patch.

Hi!

In the end I managed, I did something wrong the first time. Thank you to you!

I followed the tutorial in the first post with the hexadecimal code of the previous page. Everything is seems working good.

What works:

- Preview app
- All adobe program's
- Microsoft Office

I have not tried other applications.

Ps: I use mavericks 10.9.4 in 64-bit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back