Contribute
Register

Fix for "892 appears in Sys Profiler but no audio" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the wipe of kexts, but when I reboot, in System Utilities I still show one blank Intel Audio 892, but the one filled with stuff is gone. I have zero output options in system pref.

I've searched the system for anything else with HDA in it and can't find a thing.

The other odd thing is I had audio working perfectly until a few days ago when the system froze (with audio playing) and I had to reboot. Since then nothing.

My system specs are to the left.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Another quick note:

My itunes won't load and I can't reinstall it.

When I try to boot iTunes I get error (-200) "The Itunes application could not be opened"

When I try to install it, I get the installer error, install could not be completed. I assume this is related to my audio problem but I really have no idea.

Please help me get sound back.

Thank you so much - these simple instructions got the headphone port working with my 10.7.2 build with the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P. There is a fair bit of static, but that is even with another output selected, so I think the hardware is the problem rather than the setup.

David

Thanks a lot, Worked for me on Z68X-UD3H-B3...

1-installed clean Lion 10.7.2
2-ran CostumBeast (you can run multibeast)
3-reboot
4- delete the .Kext files
5-reboot
6- run Kext utility
7-reboot
8-run multi beast (lion version) select like above
9-reboot
10- welcome to onboard audio

It works great for me.
Thanks. :D

iCore7 960
GA-X58A-UD3R
Realtek ALC 889 Audio
Mac 10.6.8 SL

I can't find the folder he specified. After I go into System-->Libraries. There is no extensions folder for me :(

hey,

nice one. worked for me, too. But I still have got the problem, that the device is detected twice. Any ideas why this occures? DSDT issues? I neve had that specific case, that no audio could be detected. Every time at least one HDA 889 device...

Thanks a lot for help
der_helly

Thanks. This solve my problem.
Motherboard: DH55TC
Audio Chipset: ALC888

I thought I had alc892 because it was showing in profiler and tried to get it working. I finally learned I have alc662 which is why no audio hah! I still found this post very helpful and used it to install an alc662 kext in a very similar way. I have working sound and a much better understanding of the HDA kexts/enablers now too. Thanks vanwinkle!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back