Contribute
Register

Fix for "892 appears in Sys Profiler but no audio" problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer.
When I do this procedure I end up back with it showing 2 audio devices ( I have the 892 ).

TurbineSeaplane said:
Bummer.
When I do this procedure I end up back with it showing 2 audio devices ( I have the 892 ).

do the clean again and only pick 892 and system tools

btw: the best way i found doing the clean is using SEARCH "HDA" then i deleted all kexts with HDA name on it

then you do a system tools, reboot, and after that multibeast and pick syestem tools, and 892

Did just System Tools & ONLY the 892 (no HDA or Rollback or anything else) and I get 2 audio devices listed (both show as the 892) and neither one works.

Any idea why it thinks there are two 892's?

When I follow your guide PRECISELY, the lone exception that I choose the 892, I get fully functioning Audio but it thinks there are two 892's and after sleep/screensaver, I get no audio on any video or web stuff until I reboot.

Then all is well again...and repeat.

Can't figure out why no matter what it thinks I have two 892's...

Does this method allow using front panel audio jacks?

On my system, At first I got the issue of two detected 892 with no audio, I read about installing multibeast with just RollBack and System utilities, now I still got the 892 two times in System Profile, but I have audio working, but only the back panel audio (speakers), I use a front panel headset for skype calls, which is not working at the moment :(

I have HDAEnabler882.kext, AppleHDA.kext (v1.7.9).

In addition, I have a DSDT-AutoPatcher DSDT.aml in the /Extra, ok to have it there?

This worked perfectly for me on a GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 v1.1 - thank you.

This uses the 889 audio as well, I did exactly as per the original post.

Cheers!

So does this work LONG term for everyone?

I get audio working great until after a while (maybe after screen saver or just long time of not using computer), and then I lose internet/media audio until I re-boot.

Also, no matter what, I'm still showing two 892's in my system (which I definitely don't have).

Finally for 12 hours of no sleep fixin this...got solved my problem used the ALC889 for my mobo

System: GA-H55M-UD2H
CPU: i5-750
Graphics: GTX 240

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back