i5
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
This is fantastic site and forums. Been here for a few last days, checked buyer's guide numerous times but never been here on forums before I bought my parts so it is already too late for advice ;p. Anyway this is my first build, parts are already on their way to me so anything I can ask are only opinions on and maybe some info on problems I can bump to while installing. I want to use my hackintosh mainly to music production, not only though. I want this computer to become my main one (probably multiboot) and this is a starting point. That is what I was thinking when picking parts : Good starting point.

GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
i5 6500
Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB ( one stick at a time, goal is 32GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Corsair CS550M

I have evga gtx 660 and I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it. I'm thinking about El Captain.
Since few months I am also a happy owner of an old ,refreshed MAC PRO ~2008 running Maverics (audio interface compatibility) in which I felt in love :)

I'm also looking to build a system with this board. I just ordered it, hopefully it works out ok. It's listed in the Buyer's Guide but I can't seem to find any examples of it actually working. I'm planning on using a 6700k and a EVGA GTX 960 with it.

Hi!
This is fantastic site and forums. Been here for a few last days, checked buyer's guide numerous times but never been here on forums before I bought my parts so it is already too late for advice ;p. Anyway this is my first build, parts are already on their way to me so anything I can ask are only opinions on and maybe some info on problems I can bump to while installing. I want to use my hackintosh mainly to music production, not only though. I want this computer to become my main one (probably multiboot) and this is a starting point. That is what I was thinking when picking parts : Good starting point.

GA-Z170X-UD5-TH
i5 6500
Crucial Ballistix Elite 8GB ( one stick at a time, goal is 32GB)
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB
Corsair CS550M

I have evga gtx 660 and I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it. I'm thinking about El Captain.
Since few months I am also a happy owner of an old ,refreshed MAC PRO ~2008 running Maverics (audio interface compatibility) in which I felt in love :)

Welcome! Go with the i5-6600 instead of the 6500. It is about 20 bucks more, but worth it.

Also, is there a reason you are going with the Z board without a K processor? I wasn't sure if there was a specific reason.

I'm not well versed in discreet graphics, but I did a quick search for you: http://www.tonymacx86.com/search.php?googleSearch=gtx 660

Good luck!

Sorry for such a late reply, RL stuff...
Go with the i5-6600 instead of the 6500. It is about 20 bucks more, but worth it
Unfortunately budget was very tight and just couldn't afford it. I decided to go with good MB. It is easier to switch CPU later on and most probably I'll sell this one and get K version eventually, maybe i7.
I was set on Gigabyte from the beginning and simply couldn't find equally good board to UD5 TH on H170. Good for me that is.
Got all the parts for some time now, this week I'll order another 8GB ram stick and hopefully start testing cause as for now I only know that all parts are working, no installation yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back