Contribute
Register

First time hackintosh build and install - need help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
CPU
Graphics
1080GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

This is the first time I have attempted to build a Hackintosh computer and I'm struggling to get my computer to boot from the USB flash drive. I am trying to install El Capitan and have followed all the instructions and guides and cannot seen to get to the install screen?

my computer hardware is:
Gigabyte GA77X-UD5H
Intel 3770K CPU
No Graphics card currently
Samsung SSD 850 pro (512GB)

I have formatted and created my USB boot drive which went well, everything the guide said happened. I have reviewed the screenshots found elsewhere within this forum to ensure my UEFI Bios has the right settings enabled or disabled etc. When trying to boot from the USB screen I am greeted with a number of options to choose from. I choose to but into the installer. The screen is then black with an Apple icon centre, there is a progress bar that start moving left to right quickly, slows down to a crawl and then completes its journey to fill the bar (over an hour to complete this i would say). Then..... Nothing.... I have left it in this state over night and nothing changes.

I am basically stuck with a black screen with a lovely apple logo and no further progress...

Please HELP!

Much appreciated

Jon

If you have a different machine that you can put the USB drive on, you can mount the EFI partition and edit EFI/CLOVER/config.plist there, and then move it back to the machine you're trying to install and boot with it.

Thanks for the reply! Is this something I can do in the options menu of Clover when it boots from USB?
Yep, in the Clover GUI go to options, Graphics, and check Inject Intel...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back