Contribute
Register

First Macintosh build, looking for confirmation on hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for your time and reviewing this post. I read through the threads as well as the buyers guide and I believe what I selected would work. I am trying to build a home office Hackintosh that would run MS Office, surf the web, videos, run Eclipse IDE, and all the other typical programs an average user would run. I would also like the computer to be able to last for 5 years before having to do any major upgrades. My wife would use this more than I do (Im using her as the guinea pig build) and then will build something similar for myself just perhaps upgrade a few things.

If anyone has any further recommendations, suggestions, or comments I would welcome them and appreciate any advice or guidance you may have.

Thank you again for taking the time to offer your suggestions and advice as well as reviewing this configuration to ensure it would work.

Motherboard:
ASRock Motherboard Motherboards Z270M PRO4

Processor:
Intel BX80677I57400 7th Gen Core Desktop Processors

CPU Cooler:
ARCTIC Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 - 150 Watt Multicompatible Low Noise CPU Cooler for AMD and Intel Sockets

Graphics Card:
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1050 2GB GDDR5 128 Bit PCI-E Graphic Card (GV-N1050OC-2GD)

Memory:
Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB Kit (8GBx2) 2400 MT/s UDIMM DDR4-2400 (BLS2K8G4D240FSA)

Storage:
Samsung 850 PRO - 512GB - 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-7KE512BW)

Power Supply:
Corsair RMx Series, RM650x, 650W, Fully Modular Power Supply, 80+ Gold Certified

Case:
BitFenix Mini-ITX Tower Case Without Power Supply, Midnight Black BFC-PRO-300-KKXSK-RP

Wifi/BT:
Fenvi Desktop Wireless Card 2.4/5GHz draft 802.11n 300Mbps Desktop WLAN PCI-E Card Windows Mac OS X Hackintosh System Also Supporting Windows 7 Windows 8 Windows 10

Monitor (x2):
ASUS VS228H-P 21.5" Full HD 1920x1080 HDMI DVI VGA Back-lit LED Monitor

And a wireless Apple keyboard and mouse.

Alan

Unless there's some specific feature you must have on the Z270M Pro motherboard, I would get a more basic H270M board that costs less and doesn't have the overclocking features that you won't use anyway. The I5-7400 is a good choice for what you'll use this for. I would match it with this motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128979

Unless there's some specific feature you must have on the Z270M Pro motherboard, I would get a more basic H270M board that costs less and doesn't have the overclocking features that you won't use anyway. The I5-7400 is a good choice for what you'll use this for. I would match it with this motherboard: https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128979

trs96 Thank you. Is there any other wifi cards that you recommend to take advantage of the normal mac features? And thank you again I will change to the board you recommended. And is there anything special about cases? As long as it is able to fit your motherboard any case would work?

Thanks again and I hope you have a nice day.

If BT isn't that critical, i.e. your wife will use a wired keyboard and mouse, and use of handoff and continuity is not required then you could go with the Rosewill wifi adapter card for a lot less money.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VKON0S/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You can use any case that your mATX motherboard will fit into. Just don't go too cheap on that as you want it to hold up for at least a few builds.

If BT isn't that critical, i.e. your wife will use a wired keyboard and mouse, and use of handoff and continuity is not required then you could go with the Rosewill wifi adapter card for a lot less money.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009VKON0S/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

You can use any case that your mATX motherboard will fit into. Just don't go too cheap on that as you want it to hold up for at least a few builds.

Thanks again, if possible we would like to try to keep the BT functionality do you recommend a card, I seen the one I originally posted in the buyers guide for 17.99 but maybe i misread and that wont work.

Thanks again, if possible we would like to try to keep the BT functionality do you recommend a card, I seen the one I originally posted in the buyers guide for 17.99 but maybe i misread and that wont work.
Correct, that one is not the FV-T919 model. It doesn't have BT at all. You can try Ebay for the FV-T919 they are much more expensive due to scarcity. Will cost over 60 USD.

Correct, that one is not the FV-T919 model. It doesn't have BT at all. You can try Ebay for the FV-T919 they are much more expensive due to scarcity. Will cost over 60 USD.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012LOT512/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Found it, and yes those are pricey... Thank you again for all your help. Im sure once I get all the parts Ill have questions. I do see a lot of good info in the forums here that I have been reading. I hope you have a great afternoon.

Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back