Contribute
Register

First Hackintosh - WiFi, BT and dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!
Well, I’m trying to build my first Hackintosh since in Argentina Macs are expensive as hell. I’ve read quite a bit here and in ****** about compatibility, and I think I pull off a components list that could work out well. What I’m intending to get is:

• MoBo: MSI Z370 Gaming PLUS
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 8700k
  • Storage 1: Kingston 240GB SSD
  • Storage 2: Western Digital Blue 1TB
  • RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 2400Mhz
  • Graphic card: GTX 1060 6GB ZOTAC
  • PSU: EVGA 600w Bronze

I think I’ll make it work. What I’m most interested about are these things:
  1. Is there a solution for both WiFi and Bluetooth? I know of the Broadcom BCM94360CD, but I can’t find it in my country. I brand I could find would be TP-Link, for example. Any help here would be most appreciated.
  2. I want to have both Windows and MacOS installed on my computer, since I need some programs from Windows. Is it easy to do? I’d first install Windows on a partition of the SSD and after that I’d install MacOS on the other partition. I’d like to divide it like this: 120GB SSD and 500GB HDD for Windows and 120GB SSD and 500HDD for MacOS. Is it posible? And if it is, how complicated it is?

Other than that, do you have any suggestion about the build?
Thanks!!

i am new to computers, this forum and have not built my computer yet. check out this thread https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/ i have read that there are some compatibility issues with dual boot now with windows 10 and Mac OS X high sierra. i would search and see if there is more info on this. for storage take a look http://www.goplextor.com/Product/Detail/M8Pe(Y)#/Features https://www.pcworld.com/article/297...dup-tiny-drives-deliver-huge-performance.html

Dual booting is not hard to do. I've been dual booting since my first day with a hackintosh. However, I would advise to use separate drives for the different operating systems if at all possible.
thanks pastrychef! i was just reading about dual boot, specifically Windows 10 / Mac OS X High Sierra and Mac OS X High Sierra / Linux Ubuntu. if Dual is OK, do you know if a Tri-Boot would also? assuming if so, separate HDs if possible. it looks like, from the 2 articles i read (so this is not enough research to be reliable) that there is an order of installation which might be important, perhaps for a single HD, Windows first , Mac OS X second and Linux third.
you may have address this the links

i just scanned through them, it looks ok to do this, as long as the OS X is first in the Boot order, if all OSs are on one drive. i will ask this OTHER question in one of the other forums; as long as i'm here i was wondering if i could format the OS X drive in ExFat so i could work on project files in all three OSs? i would like to edit in FCPX and do music production in the other OSs

thanks pastrychef! i was just reading about dual boot, specifically Windows 10 / Mac OS X High Sierra and Mac OS X High Sierra / Linux Ubuntu. if Dual is OK, do you know if a Tri-Boot would also? assuming if so, separate HDs if possible. it looks like, from the 2 articles i read (so this is not enough research to be reliable) that there is an order of installation which might be important, perhaps for a single HD, Windows first , Mac OS X second and Linux third.
you may have address this the links

i just scanned through them, it looks ok to do this, as long as the OS X is first in the Boot order, if all OSs are on one drive. i will ask this OTHER question in one of the other forums; as long as i'm here i was wondering if i could format the OS X drive in ExFat so i could work on project files in all three OSs? i would like to edit in FCPX and do music production in the other OSs

If installing on separate drives, I don't think the order of installation matters.

If installing on one drive, macOS should be installed first.

macOS can not be installed on an ExFat partition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back