Contribute
Register

First hackintosh, need true reliability, are any builds without problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im building my first hackintosh soon. i9.

But I'm wondering if there are ANY builds that are without problems. I want a machine that is truly stable. Meaning NO problems at all. Can hackintosh provide this?

Im building my first hackintosh soon. i9.

But I'm wondering if there are ANY builds that are without problems. I want a machine that is truly stable. Meaning NO problems at all. Can hackintosh provide this?

No.

Whats the closest to it I can get?
Buy a Mac mini and get Apple Care. Even that is no guarantee you won't have hardware or software problems. In the world we all live in, nothing is going to work perfectly all the time. So why expect that ?

Im going hackintosh. What type of problems do people have?

Look into the golden builds section. Those should give you an idea of what works and how to get it working. There are problems with using the latest and greatest CPUs and motherboards because fixes may not exist yet for audio, Ethernet, USB, thunderbolt etc... The older systems tend to have more of the bugs worked out. It takes time for people to come up with solutions to solve issues.

Whats the closest to it I can get?

Currently, there's no way to have SideCar and DRM working simultaneously, at least none that I'm aware of.

Each update has the potential to break something. You need to stay up to date in the hackintosh community to see what gets broken, how to workaround/fix problems, etc.

It's possible to get a hackintosh system to run very well, but impossible to have a hackintosh system that's 100% problem free and have "everything working".

Although "everything" may vary in the eye of the respective user. As stated elswhere I brought my Yoga 900 pretty much where I want it. Also RehabMan's guides for HP ProBook guides are pretty close to "everything I need"-perfect.

Although "everything" may vary in the eye of the respective user.

If there are functions that don't work, it's not "everything".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back