Contribute
Register

First hackintosh, need true reliability, are any builds without problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this a discussion about Hackintosh with no problems? When was it specified to be desktop only?

How do you get Continuity working with that router?

The OP specified he or she had an i9, not a specific laptop. It's a safe assumption. Unless you are trying to hijack this thread, then yes, its Desktop. The OP is obviously wondering if building a Hackintosh will result in a stable and usable system. If you consider some niche apple ecosystem feature a dealbreaker, great. It'll be a shame to see you go if Sidecar isn't working flawlessly. I'm sure he or she appreciates encouragement, and you know already that Continuity doesn't work through a router.

The OP specified he or she had an i9, not a specific laptop. It's a safe assumption. Unless you are trying to hijack this thread, then yes, its Desktop. The OP is obviously wondering if building a Hackintosh will result in a stable and usable system. If you consider some niche apple ecosystem feature a dealbreaker, great. It'll be a shame to see you go if Sidecar isn't working flawlessly. I'm sure he or she appreciates encouragement, and you know already that Continuity doesn't work through a router.

Please look at the title of the thread. OP is looking for a system "without problems", not just stability.

There are varying degrees of success when hackintoshing. What may be an arbitrary feature to you may very well be a deal breaker for another user.

Instead of selling someone on a fantasy, isn't it better to inform him/her of the realities that come with hackintoshing?

Yes, carrying around a freakin router with you to Starbucks makes a ton of sense.

in all fairness the air port express is really small router that you could easily carry in your Laptop bag, or backpack same size as 3rd gen Apple TV. I have one in my Laptop backpack, because you never know when you're going to need it. I use it a lot in Hotels during snowboard season, because they have have wired internet normally but it is in a messed up place, and the Apple TV does not like to work threw their wireless proxy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back